Heatwave 2013! Enjoy!

missuses mum said it was 28c in her car here

LMAO:hihi: "In her car."

If she turned on the Oven and set it to 200 it'd be 200 in there!:hihi:

when I first came to England (as a little lad on a school trip in 1959 (One of those rare occasions in which there was a real summer.) I was convinced that Watford was probably about as far North as people could live in any sort of degree of comfort. (There were habitations North of Watford, but they were all in the Tundra or worse.)

Kids do get some strange ideas, don't they?

10 years later (Nov 1969) I made my first visit to North Yorkshire (stayed with a friend in Northallerton) and when I got up the next morning, my car was covered with strange white, cold hairy stuff (Rime Ice - Something I'd never seen before.)

I realised my views as a child weren't that far off the truth. :hihi:

Since then, I'vr spent a bit of time (when I'm feeling really patient) trying to persuade people that: "It doesn't rain in England all the time; It's not always within 3 degrees of freezing nd occasionally (not very often, perhaps) the weather can be 'pleasantly warm.'

It's difficult to sell that image when you read posts from people complaining about a '22'C Heatwave' :hihi:

Get yer sens out and enjoy it!! I am going to get sunburnt and go for it!! Might even have a bath.

What will you be doing?

Not that I'm bothered.

Opines?

A pub with outside seating a beer festival and a farmers market barbecue. Does it get any better?

Melthebell

You have just had me nearly choking on my Latte darling ! again . You always seem to come out with something hilarious when I have just taken a mouthful of a drink . I nearly sprayed the computer . I had visions of a sweaty tree & you falling down & hitting every branch . Absolutely brilliant. :hihi:

Just had breakfast in the garden, my favourite time of day when I know its going to get really hot later.

Yesterday was a lovely day. Watched Andy Murray win; then sat and read with my feet in my granddaughter's paddling pool while she splashed about; then we had a bbq and lovely ice cold vino. Just like being on holiday, and we didn't have to leave home. ;)

I just wish we had air conditioning in the bedroom, its so hot and stuffy even with the windows open.

Went to the Waddington Airshow yesterday. It was very hot. No shade and no umbrellas or parasols allowed near the runway area. Cheers went up when the news of Andy Murray was announced and the great rugby win. The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, The Red Arrows, the Vulcan and the Wing Walking Displays, a glorious hot summer day -

England at it best. What a fabulous day.

Archived