Happy Independence Day 2013

Wonders how many people will end up getting shot and killed in the United States today.

I pity you if thats the sort of crap you think about :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 04-07-2013 at 22:52 ----------

Have a good 4th of July to our American posters :)

Seconded :thumbsup:

It's not a forum solely for residents of Sheffield, UK, but it is a forum set up for use by and aimed at them.

And it's apparently hosted in Slough, doesn't make any difference, it's still aimed primarily at Sheffield residents. Clue's in the name ;) It doesn't bother me people outside of Sheffield being on here, in fact, it's great to get an external view on discussions from outside the bubble, except on the rare occasions that those outsiders decide topics shouldn't be discussed by Sheffield residents because they don't like what's being said.

There's differing opinions and there's your brand of effectively telling people to shut up about things which (in your opinion) are only of interest to Americans if anyone dare say something you dislike.

Sorry you've got your drawers in a tangle :hihi: A forum is a tool for discussion. You post an opinion and receive a response. If the discussions gets a bit too abrasive for you then bail out and stick to the Sheffield Discussion or Entertainment Discussion sections

Sorry you've got your drawers in a tangle :hihi: A forum is a tool for discussion. You post an opinion and receive a response.

I hope you remember this next time you read something you don't like and decide to tell us to butt out as it doesn't involve us.

Especially when if you had a clue about what you were talking about you'd realise it does involve us. :roll:

If the discussions gets a bit too abrasive for you then bail out and stick to the Sheffield Discussion or Entertainment Discussion sections

Does that mean you don't post in those sub forums? :hihi:

(won't be replying again, it's tiresome)

A forum is a tool for discussion.

This is true, yet, it's ironic how few people are interested in discussion.

I've observed the general tendency, is for people to present whatever it is they hold dear, only in a very one-sided way, shining only a positive light on it. Resisting with ferocity, any opposing view-point. This tendency holds true, no matter what the subject matter may be.

Why do you think people do this?

I hope you remember this next time you read something you don't like and decide to tell us to butt out as it doesn't involve us.

Especially when if you had a clue about what you were talking about you'd realise it does involve us. :roll:

Does that mean you don't post in those sub forums? :hihi:

(won't be replying again, it's tiresome)

If I've told people to butt out I dont remember. Butt out is not an expression I use. I've been told plenty of times to mind my business when commenting anything about UK matters always generally accompanied with some derogatory remark about the adopted country.

Thats fair enough. It's a forum not known for being overly polite or civil I think I have some advantage though of having knowledge of both countries whereas some comments on this forum by some others are nothing more than pig *s**t ignorance

---------- Post added 04-07-2013 at 23:32 ----------

This is true, yet, it's ironic how few people are interested in discussion.

I've observed the general tendency, is for people to present whatever it is they hold dear, only in a very one-sided way, shining only a positive light on it. Resisting with ferocity, any opposing view-point. This tendency holds true, no matter what the subject matter may be.

Why do you think people do this?

That's human nature. We're not all ditto heads

That's human nature. We're not all ditto heads

It's human nature for some people.

Other people like to consider more sides than one, and so form more balanced perspectives.

In some ways, blind patriotism is viscousness. It is all for the prosperity and advancement of one group, even to the detriment of all other groups (of men).

Archived