Frozen in time..

Frozen in Time

Thought some of you might like these photo`s. Some truly great ones I have never seen before.

They include...

Irish Soldiers ( Royal Irish Fusiliers: 16th Irish Division ) wearing captured German Body Armour ( Sappenpanzer ) Pilkem Ridge 1917.

Samurai - photographed around between 1870.

The last known Tasmanian Tiger photographed in 1933. The species is now extinct.

This is believed to be the last picture taken of Titanic before her sinking in 1912.

The unbroken seal on King Tutankhamun's tomb.

Steamboats on the Mississippi River in 1907.

Martin Luther King, Jr removes a burned cross from his yard in 1960. The boy is his son.

M-4 tank crews of the United States in Fort Knox, Kentucky, June 1942.

Mount Rushmore as it appeared in its more natural state.

Manfred von Richthofen, aka “The Red Baron”, petting his dog on an airfield in World War 1.

Members of the London Irish Rifles, some of whom played the famous game of football in no man's land on Christmas 1914/15.

Panzer III tank crewman surrenders to an advancing British soldier during the Battle of El Alamein, 1942.

Cavalry of the 'North Irish Horse' at the Marshalling area World War 1.

The only photograph of a living Quagga from 1870. This species is now extinct.

Apollo 16 astronaut Charles Duke’s family photo left behind on the moon in 1972.

Charlie Chaplin without makeup.

German Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5 fighters, of Fighter Squadron JG54, during flight, 1943.

General Custer and his men during the American Civil War.

John McCain captured by Vietnamese civilians in Truc Bach Lake, Hanoi in 1967.

Filming of the iconic MGM screen credits, 1928.

A US Marine prepares to enter a Vietcong tunnel, 1969.

Construction of the Statue of Liberty in 1884.

A Native American overlooking the newly completed transcontinental railroad in 1868.

Henry Ford (the founder of Ford Motor Co.), Thomas Edison (inventor of the phonograph, motion picture camera and the practical light bulb), Warren G. Harding (29th president of USA) and Harvey Samuel Firestone (founder of Firestone Tire and Rubber Co.) lounging .

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f75_1372974330

So much history in just a few photo`s.

I would never have recognised Charlie Chaplin with no makeup and the Marine must have balls of steel. Amazing.

History in pictures, they are really good. Charlie Chaplin looks very different to how he appeared on the screen, and very Jewish and handsome.

I have kept a book full of great old photographs of events, its called-The story of 25 eventful years in pictures- dating from 1910 to 1935.

It originally belonged to my grandfather, and I remember my mother saying a few years ago "that book might have been worth something now if one of you hadn't scribbled on two of the pages"

amazing photos, sure thats charlie chaplin?? lol he looks absolutely nothing like his screen persona Oo

It`s the lack of his little hitler moustache that threw me. Fathered 8 children with Oona O'Neil, the youngest born when he was 74.

Archived