Gym in or on way to Chesterfield

I've got a new job just south of Chesterfield and I want to join a gym that I'd be able to go to on the way home from work - preferably at the Chesterfield end. I'd be driving home up the A61 to Sheffield so anywhere near this route would be OK. I've googled gyms in Chesterfield and there seems to be plenty of choice, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I'm really after one that has gym equipment and does fitness classes, I'm not too bothered about a swimming pool but if it has one then that's a bonus in case I occasionally want to swim. The more I can get for my money, the better! It'd be brilliant if I could find one that was a chain and had a gym in Sheffield I could use as well, but I know that might not exist. Any gym you'd particularly recommend?

Graves Tennis and Leisure Centre is just off the A 61 by the Meadowhead roundabout and has gym, classes and a pool. As it's run by Sheffield International Venues membership entitles you to use all the other SIV venues including Hillsborough and Ponds Forge.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived