The summer of 1976

The recent spell of nice weather brought back memories of the great summer of 76,after a poor spring the weather changed and we had about two months of well above normal temperatures.

The result of a high pressure zone that parked up over the British isles and was held in place by atmospheric conditions,we sweltered at work and the novelty soon wore off, in the end we were all glad when it started raining.

Apart from 2006 cant remember a summer any thing like it.

The recent spell of nice weather brought back memories of the great summer of 76,after a poor spring the weather changed and we had about two months of well above normal temperatures.

The result of a high pressure zone that parked up over the British isles and was held in place by atmospheric conditions,we sweltered at work and the novelty soon wore off, in the end we were all glad when it started raining.

Apart from 2006 cant remember a summer any thing like it.

I remember buying a elvis record in cex in town in the great summer of 76, I still have it!

I remember buying a elvis record in cex in town in the great summer of 76, I still have it!

Was it Elvis Presley or Elvis Costello?

I was stationed in Aldershot that year, and did my parachute training that summer. The weather was perfect for it, and dead clear. We averaged 6 drops a day, before going to Jack Fulton's to bulk buy choc ices.

Was it Elvis Presley or Elvis Costello?

I was stationed in Aldershot that year, and did my parachute training that summer. The weather was perfect for it, and dead clear. We averaged 6 drops a day, before going to Jack Fulton's to bulk buy choc ices.

it was Elvis Costello's debut record on vinyl, I took it in to cash converters on newfield green shops on Thursday to see if I could swap it for driver 2 for the playstation, but they only offered me £2.10 exchange and 30p cash so I kept it.

it was Elvis Costello's debut record on vinyl, I took it in to cash converters on newfield green shops on Thursday to see if I could swap it for driver 2 for the playstation, but they only offered me £2.10 exchange and 30p cash so I kept it.

1976 or 1996? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 22:46 ----------

i remember the lido too, great times :)

Archived