Nasty hot weather.

According to the BBC weather forecast this hot weather will last for a good few days, next week & beyond. So fishing will get a rest from me until it changes.

I hate the sun when it's these high temperatures give me drizzle any time.

arrived at 5 surprised to find the gate locked and nobody fishing. that meant i could fish the peg i wanted which is next to the car park and is the first to get shaded due to tall trees behind it. another chap came on around 6 and he couldn't believe we had the pond to ourselves.

i've still got some bait in the fridge so when the missus gets in shortly i'll put her dinner on the table and pop down for another session.

I used to have a permit for the Robin Hood angling club at Stannington, we had the rights to a small pond down Blacks lane close to the Admiral Rodney on the road to the Flask. I used to enjoy nights after work there. But this time of year most of my time was spent on the tidal Trent after work.

have you managed to get out fishing yet during this heatwave sheff 13?

a friend and me went on the canal last night fishing floaters for the carp, travelling light and fishing different swims. although i only had one fish of 14lb it was an enjoyable evenings fishing.

Archived