Another soldier been attacked in Barnsley?

Reading the Chronicle link the bloke got out of a taxi on Saturday night and people were waiting for him or he happened to be passing the wrong people. If he was targeted then they must have been waiting for him. There are very few Muslims in Barnsley and it's unlikely, though not impossible, any would have been waiting for him. Anyone targeting any soldier would surely have gone to an area where there's a barracks rather than wait outside the home of someone who happens to be off-duty. It's most likely it was a random attack on someone in the wrong place at the wrong time or a targeted attack on someone who just happened to be a soldier.

If.. and I emphasize the word "if" the attackers were in fact Muslims why would that not have been mentioned? Are the authorities instructing the media to restrict some details of the attack?

Government interference in the rights and liberties of free press rears it's ugly head?

Please note and digest flamingjimmy :D

If.. and I emphasize the word "if" the attackers were in fact Muslims why would that not have been mentioned? Are the authorities instructing the media to restrict some details of the attack?

Government interference in the rights and liberties of free press rears it's ugly head?

Your paranoia is getting the better of you again. You're assuming that the police have descriptions of the attackers and that they have withheld these from the media or have released them but have instructed the media not to report them.

The incident took place near Barnsley town centre. If you have ever been near the place then you'll know that if there's one place in England you won't find a Muslim on Saturday night it'll be near Barnsley town centre unless he's selling you a takeaway.

It's possible it was a gang of Muslims but beatings in Barnsley at that time of night tend to come from the drunken white working class.

Please note and digest, Harleyman. From your own California here's a report of a man being beaten to death by your own police force. I wonder how many of them are Muslim.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/05/28/poli-m28.html

Your paranoia is getting the better of you again. You're assuming that the police have descriptions of the attackers and that they have withheld these from the media or have released them but have instructed the media not to report them.

The incident took place near Barnsley town centre. If you have ever been near the place then you'll know that if there's one place in England you won't find a Muslim on Saturday night it'll be near Barnsley town centre unless he's selling you a takeaway.It's possible it was a gang of Muslims but beatings in Barnsley at that time of night tend to come from the drunken white working class.

Please note and digest, Harleyman. From your own California here's a report of a man being beaten to death by your own police force. I wonder how many of them are Muslim.

I would agree with that.

The incident took place near Barnsley town centre. If you have ever been near the place then you'll know that if there's one place in England you won't find a Muslim on Saturday night it'll be near Barnsley town centre unless he's selling you a takeaway.

It's possible it was a gang of Muslims but beatings in Barnsley at that time of night tend to come from the drunken white working class.

I wasn't assuming. Read the post again. I said "IF"

Barnsley doesnt set up road blocks on Saturday nights does it? Any outsiders can come and go at will

Given that in present day Britain many cities are still in the racial tension situation that existed in the US 50 years ago then it might just have been expedient not to mention any ethnicity for fear of sparking off even more racial tensions

I wasn't assuming. Read the post again. I said "IF"

And then you proceeded to ask a stupid question that assumed that the attackers were Muslim.

I've seen some ridiculous posts on this forum... and that was one of them:rolleyes:

That certainly would not be the case in a live investigation where the perpetrators are at large and potentially dangerous.

And then you proceeded to ask a stupid question that assumed that the attackers were Muslim.I've seen some ridiculous posts on this forum... and that was one of them:rolleyes:

I used the word "IF". Does the word "IF" relate to the word "Assume" in any way?

Where did you receive your English language ed? Barnsley tech? :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-07-2013 at 17:12 ----------

That certainly would not be the case in a live investigation where the perpetrators are at large and potentially dangerous.

I seem to have been accused of assuming that the attackers were Muslims. I assumed nothing of the sort if you read my first post.

Newspapers here do not publish details of a person's ethnicity in criminal cases. The ethnicity only becomes apparent when the perpetrator appears in court in front of live cameras.

Anyway I was only intending to tweak flamingjimmy's nose about freedom and liberty which he seems so fond of jamming down my throat :D

Archived