Ulley resevoir fishing finished

spider1

Fishing at ulley resevoir is now a thing of the past. They have put large boulders were you could park your car to stop you parking near the bridge. Pegs one to 10 which were 10 yards away cannot be parked near anymore. Final nail in the coffin for this place havent they done well. 10 years ago there were 50 season ticket holders now there are none. Pity this could have been another Drayton under right management. A set of clowns run this place. :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

I can't forget getting my car getting a whack on the drivers door way back in the 70s. After that I always used the car park.

Incidentally if the fishing as took a drastic downturn from when I used to go I can imagine that might signify the end of fishing, but a couple of car parking spaces seems a bit over the top.

I can't forget getting my car getting a whack on the drivers door way back in the 70s. After that I always used the car park.

Incidentally if the fishing as took a drastic downturn from when I used to go I can imagine that might signify the end of fishing, but a couple of car parking spaces seems a bit over the top.[/QU:loopy: Been parking there 15 years 4 of us in seperate cars never any trouble with accidents. You could pull your car well back off the road you dont seem to know what you are talking about. You could park 5 cars no trouble on saturday we used to run steel city matches and get half a dozen cars there no prob and nobody ever got hit. Cars go very slowly there a lot of walkers about. As for fishing it is still a good venue a prolific head of bream pegs one to 10 . To walk from car park to any fishing pegs takes 10 to 15 mins unless you are very fit like you are . Same as i said run by a set of clowns done the same to fishing at rother valley country park. :loopy::loopy:

A rather aggressive post mate, I don't walk it now but 15 is a steady stroll as far as I remember. That is of course unless you are walking not on top of the dam but taking the road.

By the way the driver of the car that hit my door was totally drunk & yes he was caught as he knocked himself out, so his insurance paid for the damage.

The fishing can't be that good if you're not willing to walk, unless like me you're unable if that's the case I apologise in advance.

If this the vein your replies will take I'd prefer to ignore them.

A rather aggressive post mate, I don't walk it now but 15 is a steady stroll as far as I remember. That is of course unless you are walking not on top of the dam but taking the road.

By the way the driver of the car that hit my door was totally drunk & yes he was caught as he knocked himself out, so his insurance paid for the damage.

The fishing can't be that good if you're not willing to walk, unless like me you're unable if that's the case I apologise in advance.

If this the vein your replies will take I'd prefer to ignore them.

The boulders they have placed there has narrowed the road considerably making it far more dangerous than it was. To deprive anglers of 6 car parking spaces for no reason at all beggars belief as they are wondering why know one is going. As a disabled angler you should be fighting tooth and nail against them not saying it doesnt matter. From the car park to peg one is a good 20 mins walk instead of 2 mins. I suggest you go and have a look instead of making comment if you havent been for 30 years. Sooner or later a couple of yobos will roll one of the boulders in to the middle of the road and car will have no chance. Clowns sack them who orded them to be put there:loopy :By the way no insurance company will pay out if a driver is over the limit

20 minutes was classed as a short walk on some drains and rivers a few year ago, bloody kids and commercials eh :D

People like me mostly pensioners would rather go to a place like ulley and catch nothing than go to commercials . Now they put boulders down to stop us parking near our pegs . Rotherham council has always been the same nobody on the council interested in fishing so not bothered about angling . Pegs overgrown no access . Look at rother valley potentiol to be the best fishing venue in the north of england didnt sell one permit last year. If it was run as a private concern it would make a fortune. Those in charge of recreational persuits should be sacked on the spot gross waste of tax payers money. We once had a meeting with one of the faceless ones with a view to putting matches on a regular basis at ulley they pomised to help did nothing .So in the end about 5 years ago we abonded all matches . Was they bothered NO.. WE now go to treeton dike run by an angling club car at back of you on every peg so shut ulley as an angling venue as nobody goes and some one gets paid to run it. Clowns :huh:

:By the way no insurance company will pay out if a driver is over the limit

I'm not commenting on most of your post that I have deleted above except for this point regarding insurance.

I believe this not to be a correct statement.

I'm not commenting on most of your post that I have deleted above except for this point regarding insurance.

I believe this not to be a correct statement.

Phone your insurance up then and ask them. Simple question if i am in an accident and over the alcohal limit am i still insured for damage to another vechile or person. Common sense S13 Insurance companys will look for any reason not to pay out . If you are hit by a a person over the limit his insurance will be void and you will have to make make a personal claim against other driver. R. A . C. or A. A. will fight your case for you.

Phone your insurance up then and ask them. Simple question if i am in an accident and over the alcohal limit am i still insured for damage to another vechile or person. Common sense S13 Insurance companys will look for any reason not to pay out . If you are hit by a a person over the limit his insurance will be void and you will have to make make a personal claim against other driver. R. A . C. or A. A. will fight your case for you.

That is factually incorrect.

RE: the parking perhaps this is a council issue relating to on street parking being a nuisance or hazard to others. You never know who's to blame for these changes.

Archived