Kings Head in commerical street

I rember drinking in the kings arms top of comercial street revolving door snooker table to rear, the first place I had draught double diamond, we come out, round the corner to the bell in the square then across to the elephant

The revolving door was one of only two in Sheffield pubs, the other was in the Athol on the corner of Charles St, the pubs still there but its a slot machine place. The Kings Arms was a Higsons pub, they were a Liverpool Brewery, its logo was a cut out barrel in the shape of an "H"

Did not the dive bar at the Grand also have a revolving door?

Did not the dive bar at the Grand also have a revolving door?

I think this was not a pub, it was just a bar in the Hotel and the Kings Arms and the Athol were pubs long before the Dive Bar came into existence.

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 10:17 ----------

The Magpie on Lowedges Road had a revolving door.

This pub was built somewhere in the 50s or 60s whereas the Kings Arms And the Athol had very long lives over hundred years each and that's what I was meaning not the new pubs that sprang up after I stopped drinking in Town.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived