Cameron calls for knighthood for Andy Murray

Should Andy Murray receive a knighthood?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should Andy Murray receive a knighthood?

That has always been the case.In reality my bet is that he does not care if he gets knighted or not He is an excellent competitor and won a hard fought match, in the end, rather easily. I watched the match the whole way through. I saw Cameron paying lip service to the match.

Murray is a man who fought his way to the top.:)

I expect you are right.His main goal since childhood was to win the final at Wimbledon, with sheer hard work that at times was a struggle, he had the drive and determination to achieve that dream.

He's had to put up with a lot of insults and unpopularity on the way up too.

I think he deserves an honour of some kind, if that is to be a knighthood I wouldn't have any objection.

i think andy murray should be exiled to somewhere like rockall for at least 30 years------so that we don 't have our media swamped by 'news' from wimbledon, repeated ad nauseum until we feel like throwing ourselves under a tennis ball.

The bbc in particular seem to go completely gaga about sport-----hour after hour, day after day, week after week of mind-numbing sport. They even had the cheek to say that the nation would be watching the wimbledon men 's final ! Well, a few thousand were actually at wimbledon and i suppose a few million couch idlers watched it too but millions more were perhaps actually doing something ??

On top of all that andy murray must be the most charmless champion of any sport, ever ! he makes gordon brown look like max miller.

lmso..................

If there is a Sir Bradley Wiggens, Sir Nick Faldo, Sir Chris Hoy, Sir Steve Redgrave et al, it follows that there is a very strong argument for a Sir Andy Murray.

......and if Tony (Baldrick) Robinson is worth one then Wallace and Grommit may as well get one.

I think Andy Murray should be exiled to somewhere like Rockall for at least 30 years------so that we don 't have our media swamped by 'news' from Wimbledon, repeated ad nauseum until we feel like throwing ourselves under a tennis ball.

The BBC in particular seem to go completely gaga about sport-----hour after hour, day after day, week after week of mind-numbing sport. They even had the cheek to say that the nation would be watching the Wimbledon Men 's Final ! Well, a few thousand were actually at Wimbledon and I suppose a few million Couch Idlers watched it too but millions more were perhaps actually DOING something ??

On top of all that Andy Murray must be the most charmless champion of any sport, ever ! He makes Gordon Brown look like Max Miller.

I have had a radio and tv free day just to avoid all the Murray crap, my morning paper even had a souvenir pullout,thats been cut into squares and is now in the bog.

And she didn't even get a damehood ... Sarah Virginia Wade, OBE (born 10 July 1945) is a British former tennis player. She won three Grand Slam singles championships and four Grand Slam doubles championships, and is the only British woman in history to have won titles at all four Grand Slam tournaments. She was ranked as high as No. 2 in the world in singles, and No. 1 in the world in doubles. She won the women's singles championship at Wimbledon on 1 July 1977, in that tournament's centenary year, and was the last British tennis player to have won a Grand Slam singles tournament until Andy Murray won the US Open in 2013.

Just saying ...

I see Cameron is calling for Andy Murray to receive a knighthood. Personally I think that MBE's, OBE's etc. are given out too freely, a knighthood for doing something you are extremely well paid for that you enjoy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5003279/Cameron-calls-for-knighthood-for-Murray.html

Whilst I agree with you, the bar has been set by previous Governements and by those standards Murray would be deserving of a knighthood.

I personally think these sorts of honours should go to the likes of Jane Tomlinson or an inventor/scientist who discovers a cure for a serious illness.

If Murray is to get a knighthood, at least wait until near the end of his career. It's just a case of Cameron wanting to jump on the bandwagon to score brownie points.....Honours shouldn't be about political gain for politicians.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 08:17 ----------

But hasn't Tony Robinson done a lot of work for charity as well as services to tv?

I read this and initially thought you meant the leader of the EDL. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Archived