What is the worst job?

The worst job I could think of would be a slaughterman in an abattoir, must be so depressing.

Many moons ago I worked at the top of woodbourn rd when the abbatoir and the hides & skins place (tannery) were in full production.

My goodness! the stench was apalling! Even though I only worked NEAR the tannery, the pong would not wash out of my clothing without at least two washes.

I guess if you worked AT the tannery, you'd be hard pushed to get rid of the niff at all! :(

Many moons ago I worked at the top of woodbourn rd when the abbatoir and the hides & skins place (tannery) were in full production.

My goodness! the stench was apalling! Even though I only worked NEAR the tannery, the pong would not wash out of my clothing without at least two washes.

I guess if you worked AT the tannery, you'd be hard pushed to get rid of the niff at all! :(

I remember the place, but never got as close as you did!

When was that running then - I never recalled a tannery around there... this is Woodbourn road from Staniforth road to Cricket inn yes..?

Yes Circa 1975 - 77 (Probably before too but that's when I was there)

Archived