Taxis from other towns working in Sheffield

I understand the Gedling taxis are working on NHS contracts .

There is a thread on here somewhere I posted a reply I got from the licencing authority regarding this, basicly, its legal providing the booking office, driver and taxi are all licenced by the same authority. You don't even need to travel in their area.

I understand the Gedling taxis are working on NHS contracts .

There is a thread on here somewhere I posted a reply I got from the licencing authority regarding this, basicly, its legal providing the booking office, driver and taxi are all licenced by the same authority. You don't even need to travel in their area.

I believe that only applies to private hire vehicles, the vehicles licensed by Gedling are hackney carriages so the same rules don't apply.

What other firms in sheffield would accept the gedling route of doing private hire in sheffield.

Network and mercury dronfield (maybe), I know they got a few when they took over DPH. No chance with any of the others. Is this something you were thinking of doing?

It is legal, but the Sheffield firms ( city, mercury, excel, express )won't allow it as the drivers havnt passed a Sheffield knowledge test, havnt been crb checked by Sheffield city council.

I dont think half of the drivers that work for city cars have either.

Im always having to direct them, and I only live at Hyde Park...

I dont think half of the drivers that work for city cars have either.

Im always having to direct them, and I only live at Hyde Park...

Well they have, you're probably one of those customers who likes to direct as it makes you feel in control,

Fast 4 is originally rotherham based, they have now moved into Sheffield, none of their vehicles covering sheffield are licensed by Sheffield city council, they are using hackney carriages (legally) from Wakefield, rossindale, Gedling and rotherham, mostly older vehicles not tested to the same standards as Sheffield licensed vehicles.

well scc dont test private hire taxi's judging by the state of some of them i have seen!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived