Taxis from other towns working in Sheffield

No, its because they ASK me where it is...

And rather than give a road name, you start directing...........

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 16:44 ----------

well scc dont test private hire taxi's judging by the state of some of them i have seen!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

They do, once or twice every year depending on age of the vehicle, with frequent spot checks.

And it's private hire vehicle ( not taxi ).

well scc dont test private hire taxi's judging by the state of some of them i have seen!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I think you should pay a visit to the council test centre and see the standard private hire vehicles have to achieve to be licensed.

I think you should pay a visit to the council test centre and see the standard private hire vehicles have to achieve to be licensed.

Maybe SCC should visit a council test centre and see what standard private hire vehicles have to achieve to be licensed.....

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble would be proud (set you own councillors for Fred and Barney )

Maybe SCC should visit a council test centre and see what standard private hire vehicles have to achieve to be licensed.....

As they are based on the same site I'm sure they are more than aware of the standards........

And the point your making is.............

A pointless one.

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 02:43 ----------

If everyone [car owner] on the forum had a SCC MoT you would see some serious posts in here about it!

From what I understand, PAKS4 is right. A "licenced hackey carrige" from anither licencing authority can legally work for a "licenced private hire operator in another council authorities area.

I have checked the council website, and there is a company called Fast4 who hold a vehicle operators licence in Sheffield.

I have heard a few people have used the Gedling route, as its a easier test to pass than other authorities.

What i dont know is that even though the licence may be easy to get, is there no limit on the Gedling hackney plates? surely if there are so many that drivers are venturing as far as Sheffield, the Gedling council should look to limit its hackney vehicle numbers.

It has to be a hackney, cant be a private hire vehicle (although most councils the test for the drivers allows them to drive both, including scc).

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 07:20 ----------

Sorry, also the cars I have seen from Fast4s running under this firm are absoloutley immaculate and clean in there appearence.

Even the taxi plates ob the back "kindof" look like a SCC plate.

Guess it would be hard to tell the difference between them and a scc private hire car, although i do know scc have additional requirements to display more badges/stickers.

Anyway, if there operating within the law, its just a development / somebody taking advantage of a market opportunity.

And rather than give a road name, you start directing...........

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 16:44 ----------

They do, once or twice every year depending on age of the vehicle, with frequent spot checks.

And it's private hire vehicle ( not taxi ).

I totally agree, private hire vehicle is not a Taxi, A Hackney is a Taxi, whether this is a black cab or a black and white cab. I think all Private hire vehicles should be one colour, that way people know whether they are using a Taxi or a private hire vehicle. Plus this would help public safety.

Archived