Are Tattoos Attractive?

Why would having tattoos make you remain unemployed?

I could see how having (cut along dotted line) across you forehead may hinder your job prospects ;) but i have tattoos i like them wish i had the money to have a sleeve done and thats a 60yr old talking,

I have to agree with you. Tattoos are a way of stereotyping yourself - in general a man with tattoos is saying "I'm a thug" and a woman with tattoos is saying "I'm a slapper". Neither is particularly postivie impression to make on other people, particularly employers.

Just as, in general, people who 'think' like that are saying "I'm an ignorant prejudiced bigot"? :)

If person 'x' automatically assumes a man is a thug, soley based on the fact that they have a tattoo, that says far more about person 'x' than it does the tattooed man.

Just as, in general, people who 'think' like that are saying "I'm an ignorant prejudiced bigot"? :)

If person 'x' automatically assumes a man is a thug, soley based on the fact that they have a tattoo, that says far more about person 'x' than it does the tattooed man.

It's only prejudice if your presumptions prove to be unfounded. If you don't want to be classed as a lowlife thug, why give yourself the appearance of one?

It's only prejudice if your presumptions prove to be unfounded. If you don't want to be classed as a lowlife thug, why give yourself the appearance of one?

Are you seriously saying anyone with tattoos,has the appearance of low life scum.

So there is your proof. Jonny5 wouldn't even buy fish and chips from someone sporting tattoos. Do not hire people with tattoos unless you want to lose business.

That isn't proof of anything. It just strongly suggests that Jonny5 is rather a snob.

In my opinion tattooing is a pastime of the lower classes, travellers and sailors, thats why the majority sport one or many of them on the Jeremy Kyle show.

I would warrant that King George V would disagree. He had tattoos, and he was a Prince Of The Realm, who later became king and Emperor.

I have to agree with you. Tattoos are a way of stereotyping yourself - in general a man with tattoos is saying "I'm a thug" and a woman with tattoos is saying "I'm a slapper". Neither is particularly postivie impression to make on other people, particularly employers.

And surely, that's a total stereotype, within itself?

I have tats, and I certainly am no slapper, likewise the sister down from me.

The only business it is, of someone else, when it comes to who does or does not have tattoos, is the tattoo artist to whom you go to have the tattoo done.

So what about people that don't have their tattoos on display? Are you saying you judge them differently? You have no idea that they have a tattoo or not.