Are Tattoos Attractive?

Wladimir Klitschko and Lennox Lewis [...] both are intelligent.[/Quote]

If they were that intelligent then they wouldn't get beat-up for a living.

Ozzy Osbourne gets paid a fortune and nobody punches him. Thus tattoos make you clever and succesful.

More proof that having tattoos can prevent you getting a job. Derbyshire Police have quite rightly rejected 18 job applicants for having visible tattoos.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cops-turn-away-18-recruits-tattoos/story-19516312-detail/story.html#axzz2ZJ5EZioC

can prevent you getting A job, obviously it depends on the job, in MOST cases it doesnt stop you getting a job, it also depends on the type of tattoo, if its a full head mask one then yeah thats gonna knock it down considerably lol, if its just a small butterfly on your shoulderblades, youd have no trouble in most places and types of job

More proof that having tattoos can prevent you getting a job. Derbyshire Police have quite rightly rejected 18 job applicants for having visible tattoos.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Cops-turn-away-18-recruits-tattoos/story-19516312-detail/story.html#axzz2ZJ5EZioC

Quite rightly? How so?

As Mel said, above, if it were a full face tattoo, say, I could see how they might be reluctant to employ them, or had ACAB on their forehead, like one chap in Sheffield has, but having a tat surely has no bearing on whether they could apprehend a criminal, or give evidence in court to gain a prosecution?

I wouldn't want to employ someone with visible tattoo's. I always look on it as a lower class pastime. Have you ever seen Royalty with tattoo's ... can't imagine Camilla Parker Bowles has a tramp stamp?

I wouldn't want to employ someone with visible tattoo's. I always look on it as a lower class pastime. Have you ever seen Royalty with tattoo's ... can't imagine Camilla Parker Bowles has a tramp stamp?

that goes to show your mentality tho rather than real life :rolleyes:

Quite rightly? How so?

As Mel said, above, if it were a full face tattoo, say, I could see how they might be reluctant to employ them, or had ACAB on their forehead, like one chap in Sheffield has, but having a tat surely has no bearing on whether they could apprehend a criminal, or give evidence in court to gain a prosecution?

No but it would have a bearing on how other people perceive them; whether their testimony in court came across as honest and trustworthy for example, which is pretty important in the police.

Think of all the negative connations we associate with people with tattoos - violent, aggressive, lazy, low intelligence, low self-esteem for example. What kind of employer would want to employ that sort of person.

Edited by rickiethecat