Royal Mail to be privatised

And how do shares normally exist?

If those employees who receive shares don't want them, they can always sell them.

Then, no doubt, they will complain that 'some foreigners bought them!"

That's the way it usually goes, isn't it?

Not in Royal Mail.

They gave us shares before then decided they couldn't afford it so took them (not bought them mind, took them) back off us oh apart from those who retired who got a cash payout for theirs while the rest of us got naff all.

That's how it works in royal mail they play by their own rules when it suits them like they tell us they're loosing money year after year but when they want to sell the company miracles happen and they begin to make money again

I don't send mail to the UK if I can help it. - Your postal service is expensive and unreliable!

I use e-mail and send money by bank transfer (for Birthday and Christmas Presents) or bring them over and hand-deliver them.

(When I send them through the Post, they seem not to be delivered, or - notwithstanding that I have paid the full internationally-agreed price to have them delivered - are 'held to ransom' by the Post Office..)

I'm sure you will manage to come up with a solution which satisfies everybody.

I don't send mail to the UK if I can help it. - Your postal service is expensive and unreliable!

I use e-mail and send money by bank transfer (for Birthday and Christmas Presents) or bring them over and hand-deliver them.

(When I send them through the Post, they seem not to be delivered, or - notwithstanding that I have paid the full internationally-agreed price to have them delivered - are 'held to ransom' by the Post Office..)

I'm sure you will manage to come up with a solution which satisfies everybody.

Of course when you send International Mail, it could just as easy be them that are the problem for all you know. I think USPS also has loss figures. Obviously if you have sound 'evidence' it is UKPO no doubt you immediately tell them so their Investigation Department can sort the Quality issue or remove an offender?

• 1 month later...
Yay, I'm guessing that is sarcasm but Royal mail is expensive (for pacels anyway) and crap. No one posts letters anyway so who cares about that bit.

Me too. I ship parcels via courier service at a fraction of the cost. 10 years ago I perhaps posted 50 letters per week. I don't post 50 a year now.

In 10 years time Royal Mail will cease to exist unless something is done with it. It needs selling off whilst there is something to sell.

Royal Mail have really let things drop. At an age when more and more people are shopping on the internet they should have been coining it in.

Instead they alienated people with stupid prices and posties sneaking up to your house with a "sorry you were not in card" because they didn't have the parcel in the first place.

Royal Mail want almost £20 to send a car roof rack. MyHermes does it for £6.95 and is much more flexible with sending and collection.

One other thing I don't understand is how Royal Mail gives away money made from stamps. A 2nd class stamp costs 50p. But if you buy in bulk or are a mailing house it only costs a private company 26p - but they still charge the customer 50p.

This

Royal Mail have really let things drop. At an age when more and more people are shopping on the internet they should have been coining it in.

Instead they alienated people with stupid prices and posties sneaking up to your house with a "sorry you were not in card" because they didn't have the parcel in the first place.

Royal Mail want almost £20 to send a car roof rack. MyHermes does it for £6.95 and is much more flexible with sending and collection.

and This:

DPD is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Live tracking, you can see where Arnold the delivery driver is an dhow soon he will get to you. So exciting.

Royal mail owned the market, they were the market.

Then all these private companies started up, they have better parcel tracking, cheaper prices and generally a slicker service.

It reeks of decades of lazy public servant mis-management, another government body that got complacent because they didn't think there was any competition or any chance they could fail.

Archived