Royal Mail to be privatised

I for one don't think its a good idea. Fair enough, we live in a big city, where postal services should be ok, but what about small rural communities, and Highlands and Islands, I am sure who ever buys Royal Mail, will cherry pick the better and more profitable areas, and try and off load the rest

People should remember the railways, and look at that mess now.

This is just completely illogical. Royal mail is making a profit. A big profit. A £324 million profit. Why are we selling it to venture capitalists who don't give a monkeys about what royal mail means to the people of this country. A really hope the unions stop this. Or at the very least put the government through hell trying!

Then all these private companies started up, they have better parcel tracking, cheaper prices and generally a slicker service.

Do they dispatch someone to the outer Hebrides to deliver a second class letter? no, thought not.

These private companies are parasites creaming off all the easy, lucrative work.

While we are on the subject, who still sends letters nowadays now we all can send e-mails with just a few clicks.

I sell old postcards on ebay, and quite often send ten to twenty cards a week by first class post, so I for one still post letters.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived