Continuing saga of Citroen C3 .. advice please!

If you want my brother to take a look at it for you let me know. He does all my Peugeot Citroen diagnostics in South Yorkshire and is an electrical engineer by trade. He's only down Attercliffe and will probably sort it for the cost of a pint.

Thanks alcresearch, my girlfriend has just informed me that Halfords have promised to sort it on Thursday, after explaining we'd been given erroneous information. She's decided to accept their offer. This is the least they can do if you ask me.

Money isn't the issue here ... just principles. She bought a not inexpensive audio system having been told it was easy to home-fit which is clearly not the case ... it's up to them to fix it to our satisfaction.

Only time will tell ... :roll:

Halfords can be very hit and miss. They're great on some things, but terrible on others.

My brother's car needs a new clutch. Its under warranty and is going to a Halfords repair centre, as they're the designated garage. They've explained all the complexities and expense of repairing a dual mass flywheel clutch system.

Which is really nice of them, except the car doesn't have a dual mass flywheel!

It doesn't fill you with confidence as you hand over the keys!

Whyever not? It promotes comradeship, being together. Harmony if you like! And it's good exercise for your throat and lungs.

Possibly not so good for your ears (or anyone else's) though! :(

Not when you're eating ice-cream and having a fag it isn't! :P

• 5 years later...

Another Citroen C3 battery related problem - after its last visit to the garage, my little 2005 C3 will no longer switch on its headlights automatically, although everything else still works fine, windows, radio, clock etc. Although the dashboard lights up as before, the headlights have to be switched on manually. Do you think that a re-set would cure this and if so, what's the precise sequence I need to follow, please? 

I'm not a mechanic but can follow instructions :)

Give this a try:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Auto lights are turned on and off with the stalk. Try pressing (and holding) the button on the end, with the ignition on, and seeing if you get the chimes.

Drivers handbooks are here if you need them for further instructions:

http://service.citroen.com/ACddb/

Edited by alchresearch