Smoking banned in all pubs & clubs

do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?

• yes i back the ban
    • no i don't back the ban

I think smoking should be banned all together, even in homes as it damages children.

of course smokers will disagree & come up with excuces & rant & rave about it but it's because they know they are in the wrong.

I can't believe that in this day & age people are still smoking, & then they act surprised when they get cancer :rant:.

Infact, it's not even worth arguing about, anyone with an ounce of sense will agree with the ban.

I think the idea that this will save on NHS bills might be a bit of polemic given out by those in favour of this to be honest. It does not take into account the nature of addiction. In reality, smokers will congregate at pubs where they can smoke in relative comfort outside, only those lucky few 'social smokers' (the type who only smoke when drunk) will pack it in and carry on as normal. Either those or the truly hardened drinkers who will find it easier to give up the fags than the alcohol.

Might be a big rise in sales of nicotine gum though, as people attempt to use the vile stuff in place of cigs while out boozing!

For those who do not habitually drink, the ban will have little effect.

But then this again is due to the real reason for the ban. The people who it has been brought in to protect are the workers in pubs, not the customers.

I think the idea that this will save on NHS bills might be a bit of polemic given out by those in favour of this to be honest. It does not take into account the nature of addiction. In reality, smokers will congregate at pubs where they can smoke in relative comfort outside, only those lucky few 'social smokers' (the type who only smoke when drunk) will pack it in and carry on as normal. Either those or the truly hardened drinkers who will find it easier to give up the fags than the alcohol.

Might be a big rise in sales of nicotine gum though, as people attempt to use the vile stuff in place of cigs while out boozing!

For those who do not habitually drink, the ban will have little effect.

But then this again is due to the real reason for the ban. The people who it has been brought in to protect are the workers in pubs, not the customers.

lets think long term.......lots less smokers in Ireland

i think smoking should be banned all together, even in homes as it damages children.

of course smokers will disagree & come up with excuces & rant & rave about it but it's because they know they are in the wrong.

i can't believe that in this day & age people are still smoking, & then they act surprised when they get cancer :rant:

Does the same apply to drinking then, obesity, ete. A Little bit simplistic there if you ask me.Heart disease vanishes over night then does it when smoking stops. I DONT SMOKE BY THE WAY, JUST BELIEVE IN CHOICES.:loopy:

i think smoking should be banned all together, even in homes as it damages children.

i can't believe that in this day & age people are still smoking, & then they act surprised when they get cancer :rant:

There are no kids in my house, so why should I be stopped from doing something in the privacy of my own home to protect hypothetical kids? That's not an 'excuse', that's me defending my right to enjoy my own property as I like without harming anyone else.

Does the same apply to drinking then, obesity, ete. A Little bit simplistic there if you ask me.Heart disease vanishes over night then does it when smoking stops. I DONT SMOKE BY THE WAY, JUST BELIEVE IN CHOICES.:loopy:

drinking and eating unhealthly doesn't directly effect others directly

and exactly why should drink and eating unhealthly foods be banned if smoking is?

i agree that smoking should be banned altogether becasue most people who smoke want to stop, they just can't.

There are no kids in my house, so why should I be stopped from doing something in the privacy of my own home to protect hypothetical kids? That's not an 'excuse', that's me defending my right to enjoy my own property as I like without harming anyone else.[/quoteGood call, you could always nip down to the house of commons for a smoke. Strange that isnt it how goverment always think about us????:rant: :rant:

drinking and eating unhealthly doesn't directly effect others directly

and exactly why should drink and eating unhealthly foods be banned if smoking is?

i agree that smoking should be banned altogether becasue most people who smoke want to stop, they just can't.

Well as i said i dont drive a car but im affected by the lead in the car emissions.So to be simplistic if you drive then you affect me with your car polution??:)

Archived