Smoking banned in all pubs & clubs

do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?

• yes i back the ban
    • no i don't back the ban

I haven't read all the threads so apologies if this has been asked, when they say ALL public places in England does this include the following,

Prisions

Cruise Liners/Ferries (when you are out of English waters)

Dodgy "massage" parlours

Before anyone asks the only one I have ever entered in the Cruise Liner, I am only asking out of curiosity

I haven't read all the threads so apologies if this has been asked, when they say ALL public places in England does this include the following,

Prisions

Cruise Liners/Ferries (when you are out of English waters)

Dodgy "massage" parlours

Before anyone asks the only one I have ever entered in the Cruise Liner, I am only asking out of curiosity

i don't know about the others but they did state prisons are exempt

I'm not sure how prisons could be considered public???

I expect that once in international waters a cruise ship/ferry can do pretty much what they like.

Dodgy massage parlours... I doubt the legislation specifically covers them, but I expect that they are considered to be a business with public areas, and thus are not exempt.

I'm not sure how prisons could be considered public???

I expect that once in international waters a cruise ship/ferry can do pretty much what they like.

Dodgy massage parlours... I doubt the legislation specifically covers them, but I expect that they are considered to be a business with public areas, and thus are not exempt.

Eyuw! I bet there will be lots of naked people hanging outside and smoking by Le Chambre on Attercliffe Road! :o

I know that in hotels you'll be free to smoke in your own room, so perhaps cruise liners will be the same when docked in England? But I guess no-one will stop you from smoking on deck?

I don't think i've ever said this before, but if your opinion is that heroin should be legalised then your opinion is wrong. if you said your opinion is that child abuse should be legalised i'd also tell you that your opinion is wrong.

An opinion is an opinion, it's in your opinion whether somones opinion is right or wrong. You can't say 'your opinion is wrong'. Only 'In my opinion, your opinion is wrong'.

I actually agree with Agent Dan, there are many reason's why drugs should be legalised, but that's another debate, this is about cigarettes.

An opinion is an opinion, it's in your opinion whether somones opinion is right or wrong. You can't say 'your opinion is wrong'. Only 'In my opinion, your opinion is wrong'.

I actually agree with Agent Dan, there are many reason's why drugs should be legalised, but that's another debate, this is about cigarettes.

you're almost always right, but on this occasion i disagree

I'm broadly in favour of the ban. There's only one major drawback I can think of. Sometimes when I go out for a pub lunch, I prefer to sit in the smoking area rather than in the family friendly non-smoking bit. Sometimes stinking of smoke seems like the lesser of two evils when the alternative is putting up with somebody else's screaming kids.

I don't think i've ever said this before, but if your opinion is that heroin should be legalised then your opinion is wrong. if you said your opinion is that child abuse should be legalised i'd also tell you that your opinion is wrong.

Firstly I have NEVER said I thought Heroin should be legalised, only that there are reasons which support the idea.

Secondly, an opinion cannot be 'wrong' - it is an opinion. Only facts can be wrong or right.

Thirdly, I have stated earlier that I would allow people to do anything they wished provided they hurt no-one else, so Child Abusers are not something I would ever support in any way, shape or form. Why you would even put them in the same argument as Heroin addicts I don't understand, but I suspect you just wish me to appear some sort of monster and could think of no better way of expressing yourself.

Firstly I have NEVER said I thought Heroin should be legalised, only that there are reasons which support the idea.

Secondly, an opinion cannot be 'wrong' - it is an opinion. Only facts can be wrong or right.

Thirdly, I have stated earlier that I would allow people to do anything they wished provided they hurt no-one else, so Child Abusers are not something I would ever support in any way, shape or form. Why you would even put them in the same argument as Heroin addicts I don't understand, but I suspect you just wish me to appear some sort of monster and could think of no better way of expressing yourself.

you have arguments for taking heroin.....you are a monster

I agree that self harmers should be forced to get help. I'm not talking about those who scratch the wrists, i'm talking about those who are really harming themselves.

Suicide is illegal in this country, what do you think about that?

its all about judgements

Suicide is not illegal in this country, and hasn't been for some time. It does little for the validity of the points you are arguing to display such ignorance. :)

Archived