Smoking banned in all pubs & clubs

do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?

• yes i back the ban
    • no i don't back the ban

You're in the minority then. Weatherspoons has done a major trial of it and custom collapsed in every single drinking establishment in which they banned smoking.

probably so.

when they stopped selling bio diesel @ tesco's they had a drop in revenue, but the slack was taken up eventually on other products.

it will have a similar but slower effect in pubs, by the time my niece is old enough to drink(she's 2) every one will have forgot about the great smoking ban.

probably so.

when they stopped selling bio diesel @ tesco's they had a drop in revenue, but the slack was taken up eventually on other products.

it will have a similar but slower effect in pubs, by the time my niece is old enough to drink(she's 2) every one will have forgot about the great smoking ban.

True it will be forgotten by then. Because the liberal nanny state will have eaten away at people's liberty across the board. It's never-ending.

By the time your niece is 18 will drinking even be allowed?

RocketPig - you did misrepresent what AgentDan said, and not just once but several times. It doesn't help your argument, it just causes bad feeling.

Doncastrian - you haven't answered my point. You're all upset about your right to smoke in pubs, what about might right to go to a pub without having to breathe smoke?

RocketPig - you did misrepresent what AgentDan said, and not just once but several times. It doesn't help your argument, it just causes bad feeling.

Doncastrian - you haven't answered my point. You're all upset about your right to smoke in pubs, what about might right to go to a pub without having to breathe smoke?

Well that of course depends on your needs outweighing those of the current patrons of said pub. Which they do in some weird parallel universe, but not here really.

That must be why their share price has only gone up by about 50% since last May (from around 240 to around 360p).

I wonder what proportion of Wetherspoons pubs are non-smoking. If it is 100% non-smoking then that would appear to refute 'custom collapse' allegations.

That must be why their share price has only gone up by about 50% since last May (from around 240 to around 360p).

Yes, because the smoking pubs are keeping them afloat. Every single pub that went non-smoking lost 7-10% of income. That's a lot of job losses.

You do have a right to choose to drink at a pub, Cyclone and accept their rules. If market forces dictate that non-smoking pubs aren't viable then it shouldn't be tampered with.

It wouldn't be as bad if Government wasn't so double-jointed over this. Practically legalising cannabis despite health warnings and bringing class A drug misuse practically legal. There's something fishy with the people in powers hypocrisy.

but then they like to jump on a bandwagon rather than stand up for rights. Won't find them doing the same over obesity - just as big a killer.

Well that of course depends on your needs outweighing those of the current patrons of said pub. Which they do in some weird parallel universe, but not here really.

I wonder what proportion of Wetherspoons pubs are non-smoking. If it is 100% non-smoking then that would appear to refute 'custom collapse' allegations.

Apparently it's not such a weird parallel universe, but this one...

The right not to have done to you, always outweighs someone elses right to do something. Otherwise murder wouldn't be illegal.

I was under the impression that the entire weatherspoons chain had gone non smoking, i'll have to check though.

All you smokers had better get used to the idea that your days of killing non smokers are almost over.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh no! The only vent for my uncaring, relentless, vengeful and sadist crusade against the masses of society is gone! What shall I do with my time, perhaps I shall have to figure out some other way to purport some low grade unpleasantness on the general public and convince the government to sell it to me for a hefty benefit to them.

Oh my, my life is now over than I can't run up to non smokers and breath into their mouths with my stinking carcinogeous fog. This was the only highlight to my day consisting on increasingly deep boredom.

Looks like I'm back to offing hookers with an ice axe then :P

Wilf

Archived