Smoking banned in all pubs & clubs

do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?

• yes i back the ban
    • no i don't back the ban

The Publican magazine found only half of pubs have seen an upturn. It's well known, after other countries, that the full effects will not be known for a couple of weeks until the novelty factor wears off.

Paul Waterson, chief executive of the Scottish Licensed Trade Association, said it was too soon to tell the effects of the ban.

"The novelty factor is an important point and the fact people have just been paid has helped," he added.

"It depends on where the pub is and whether they have outdoor facilities on how their trade has been affected."

• 3 months later...
".........there will be a "hotline" for people to report cases where the ban is broken. "

It's every mad-arm-waving-and-coughing-loadly persons dream

"Hello, I saw someone stood on their own smoking in a bus shelter"

"Well, no, I wasn't actually in the pub, I don't drink, but I saw someone smoking through the window"

"Yes, I'd like to report someone smoking on the street next to mine"

Worse in clubs as they barely ever have decent ventilation and people are moving about / dancing so taking in more air... the atmosphere in clubs is just nasty and is the one main reason why I don't go often, absolutely can't wait for the ban!

Worse in clubs as they barely ever have decent ventilation and people are moving about / dancing so taking in more air... the atmosphere in clubs is just nasty and is the one main reason why I don't go often, absolutely can't wait for the ban!
thinking slightly more of the people who dont wanna quit etc.. i think its a little unfair to suggest no smoking in a club, as ya cant exactly go in and out whenever you please as you can in a pub... perhaps just having one room ya can smoke in or summat.. i dunno...

Still not sure exactly when the ban comes into force,anyone else know??
i asked someone at work the other day (could have been the landlord..) and they rekkoned sometime next summer.. june/julyish i think he said.. dunno if that is a guess or what though... but when there is a date im sure we will be counting down to it (emptying ashtrays... YUCK!)

Archived