Smoking banned in all pubs & clubs

do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. do you back the total smoking ban in all public places ?

• yes i back the ban
    • no i don't back the ban

I think quite a few people will quit or cut back, which is a good thing in my eyes.

No they won't, they will just smoke outside, you're kidding yourself if you think that banning something makes people suddenly see the light and stop.

Did prohibition stop people drinking ?

For people who already want to quit I think this will be the final straw and a big motivation.

I expect to see a lot of smokers stop, including social smokers who only really smoke with other people when they're out.

I expect to see a lot of smokers stop, including social smokers who only really smoke with other people when they're out.

I don't, I expect the casual smokers to be stood outside with their smoking mates. If I was out with smoking friends I'd join them outside, I wouldn't sit in the pub on my own until they came back.

But we'll see, it might stop people smoking, hopefully it will, but having seen the state people get into on a plane after being deprived of nicotine for a few hours, I seriously doubt it.

Archived