Lost relatives IN INTAKE

i am sorry but my father lawrence was a very private man but i think his brothers name was leonard i think he died when he was 68
Hi anthony pemb - I don't know if you have referred to public records, BMD indexes etc. and you don't mention any dates, but the births index for the early 1900s shows five Pemberton children who were born in Sheffield between 1911 and 1919, all with the mother's maiden name given as Pashley (so they could have been siblings). There was a Leonard [born 1915, died 1968], a Maurice [born 1918] and a Lawrence [born 1919]. Perhaps this Maurice was your grandfather, or maybe Lawrence was your father. Given some approximate dates etc. it might be possible to trace marriages and children, and thus living relatives via electoral rolls.

Hi anthony pemb - I don't know if you have referred to public records, BMD indexes etc. and you don't mention any dates, but the births index for the early 1900s shows five Pemberton children who were born in Sheffield between 1911 and 1919, all with the mother's maiden name given as Pashley (so they could have been siblings). There was a Leonard [born 1915, died 1968], a Maurice [born 1918] and a Lawrence [born 1919]. Perhaps this Maurice was your grandfather, or maybe Lawrence was your father. Given some approximate dates etc. it might be possible to trace marriages and children, and thus living relatives via electoral rolls.
yes LAWRENCE was my father he died in 1977 and leonard was my uncle who i never met iwould say that leonard was my uncle named after my grandfather who sadly i never met and yes pashley was my grandmothers name who again i sadly never met i would be interested to to knoe the names of the other 2 siblings i remember the name rose being mentioned when i was very young can you please help me to solve this THANKS ANTHONY PEMBERTON

Hi Anthony - yes, one of the children was Rose, born in 1912. I actually found eight possible siblings, a list being:

.Eveline, 1911

.Rose, 1912

.Edwin, 1914

.Leonard, 1915

.Maurice, 1918

.Lawrence, 1919

.Irene, 1922

.Samuel, 1923

Rose was evidently named after her mother Rose Ann Pashley, as there is a marriage record for a Maurice Pemberton and Rose Pashley in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1911. The 1911 census return finds Maurice and Rose Ann living at Beighton - send me an email address by Private Message if you'd like a JPEG scan of the census page with Maurice's signature etc. By the way, Rose Ann's father George Pashley was born in London and her mother Emma in Abergavenny, Wales.

The surname Pemberton isn't too common and so it might be possible to find marriages and children. I'll have a go tomorrow (a bit tired tonight - must be getting old....:()

THANK YOU so so much me and my sister linda are over the moon with your hard work i hope you can send us more info on our father and his secretive past we have missed out on all these relatives because of his privacy we dont know why he kept this info from his kids but can you please help us to find just one living relative so grateful anthony pemberton

Hi Anthony - starting with your dad's youngest siblings, I have found likely marriages for Samuel, Irene and Maurice. I've sent you a Private Message with the information I've found so far.

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 06:01 ----------

Hello again Anthony - I've finished researching your cousins etc. and have sent you two Private Messages. Good luck!.:)

Archived