G4S under investigation again

They are not going to accept any terms but their own. There is nothing I or anyone else can do about it. Corporations now run the world.

The client draws up a specification, the contract is awarded on the basis of the specification. Failure to conform to the contract leads to termination or penalty. Cant see the problem.

The client draws up a specification, the contract is awarded on the basis of the specification. Failure to conform to the contract leads to termination or penalty. Cant see the problem.

Or in G4S' case, the client draws up a specification, the contract is awarded but we who pay for it are not allowed to know why, the firm fails to deliver, not once but at least twice, and also embezzles a billion quid for good measure. Instead of contract being terminated, it gets even more contracts and even more lovely dosh...

Problem? What problem....?

Or in G4S' case, the client draws up a specification, the contract is awarded but we who pay for it are not allowed to know why, the firm fails to deliver, not once but at least twice, and also embezzles a billion quid for good measure. Instead of contract being terminated, it gets even more contracts and even more lovely dosh...

Problem? What problem....?[/QUO

I agree with you entirely, my point actually is that if the government wants a security or other service, then it should be open to other regional smaller companies to tender on a regional basis. This process should be open to public scrutiny and comment. Local companies, working to agreed standards (including wages paid to staff) and terms of delivery.

This, it seems to me, would give us the best of the private sector with public oversight.

My opinions about G4S are well documented on this forum ( and ditto A4e!) The way this country's going , I will probably end up in a G4S prison because of my political beliefs .... Have just read a very interesting article on the "Ourkingdom" website entitled "What is G4S doing in England's NHS ?" They are getting some pretty big contracts for cleaning , catering and portering services - totally disgusting! Apparently healthcare gives them "higher gross margins" than the "traditional mainstream vanilla services we offer".

Outsourcing stinks . As someone once said , "Oh Darn , so eternal vigilance really is the true price of freedom " ( or as university politics lecturer Matthew Flinders has said in his lovely article "beastly Eastleigh and the none of the above party " "Those who expect to recoup the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it " ).

Shame they abolished the Monopolies and Mergers Commission back in '97 , wonder why ??

Because it changed it's name.

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/

All I can say is it's not doing its job...

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 00:39 ----------

My opinions about G4S are well documented on this forum ( and ditto A4e!) The way this country's going , I will probably end up in a G4S prison because of my political beliefs .... Have just read a very interesting article on the "Ourkingdom" website entitled "What is G4S doing in England's NHS ?" They are getting some pretty big contracts for cleaning , catering and portering services - totally disgusting! Apparently healthcare gives them "higher gross margins" than the "traditional mainstream vanilla services we offer".

Outsourcing stinks . As someone once said , "Oh Darn , so eternal vigilance really is the true price of freedom " ( or as university politics lecturer Matthew Flinders has said in his lovely article "beastly Eastleigh and the none of the above party " "Those who expect to recoup the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it " ).

Shame they abolished the Monopolies and Mergers Commission back in '97 , wonder why ??

Notice how hardly a day goes by without the tabloids coming up with yet another story about 'the failing NHS'

Don't tell me we're not being softened up for privatisation to come in and 'save the NHS.'

All I can say is it's not doing its job...

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 00:39 ----------

Notice how hardly a day goes by without the tabloids coming up with yet another story about 'the failing NHS'

Don't tell me we're not being softened up for privatisation to come in and 'save the NHS.'

The case for it remaining public is not strengthened by yesterdays report or Andy Burnhams performance in the House of Commons.

I believe it should stay completely in the public sector, but it should, where beneficial, use the private sector facilities and expertise when it is beneficial to patients.

Yet we (the public sector) continue to give these morons large contracts??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23272708

Democracy has been killed off by stealth. Welcome to the new order - cronyism.

---------- Post added 18-07-2013 at 18:33 ----------

So who do you want to give the contract to, then?

How many firms are prepared to bid for it?

SHoud the bids be opened to foreign firms?

(Perhps Joe Arpaio should get the job ...:hihi:)

Good point. The problem lies in the inevitable corruption caused by the privatising of essential government services, not the individual companies. Have to agree with you on that one.

The case for it remaining public is not strengthened by yesterdays report or Andy Burnhams performance in the House of Commons.

I believe it should stay completely in the public sector, but it should, where beneficial, use the private sector facilities and expertise when it is beneficial to patients.

I also think a partnership between NHS and private could be beneficial, but do you honestly trust this government not to hive off great chunks of it indiscriminately to their pals?

As far as I'm concerned, this government has an appalling record of giving massive government contracts to rubbish organisations who's only concern is to make a fast buck.

Antway, where is the profit in health provision if it doesn't involve cutting corners, and lowering worker's pay?

Archived