Peter the great (mod)

Why can't we have more moderators like Pete Morris. He is such a pleasant guy. He is not afraid to join in with a bit of banter and have a bit of a laugh. If he has to moderate on a thread for any reason he is always pleasant, there is always a please and a thank you (no I am not after any brownie points). Some moderators seem down right unpleasant and rude. Please don’t post any personal, nasty remarks about anybody because this thread will only get closed

I have to agree that Pete comes across as a pleasant guy and is always polite.

I've been a mod myself on a different forum and I think the longer you do it, the more annoying some people can be. It's a thankless task and I think, on the whole it is done very well on here.

The only thing I think should be done different is when issuing bans, ban the IP address so people can't make multiple accounts.

I didn't realise that Pete had so many accounts on here! :D

Anyway, I think he'd probably agree with me that to single him out is a bit unfair on all the other mods who, in my opinion, do a great job as well! :thumbsup:

That should see me 'safe' for a while at least... :hihi:

Well....it's really good of you all to compliment me in such a way. :blush: Thank you.

Mr Bloke, although said slightly tongue in cheek is right about all the other mods. It's all a matter of personality and differing styles, and as someone pointed out, maybe the longer you do it, the more 'jaded' (and less patient) you tend to be.

I do try to be 'fair' and mod with a degree of common sense, and lets face it, manners cost nothing whatsoever. It's the way I was brainwashed brought up as a kid!

Jane2008: It's not feasible to blanket ban an IP, as there may be several users in one household for instance using the same broadband connection. Block the IP and everyone on that IP gets denied access. That's not fair on those behaving!

Just some friendly advice. Don't let this thread descend into a mod bashing thread....hahaha...or someone might be stamping on more than puppies!...hahaha

Well....it's really good of you all to compliment me in such a way. :blush: Thank you.

Mr Bloke, although said slightly tongue in cheek is right about all the other mods. It's all a matter of personality and differing styles, and as someone pointed out, maybe the longer you do it, the more 'jaded' (and less patient) you tend to be.

I do try to be 'fair' and mod with a degree of common sense, and lets face it, manners cost nothing whatsoever. It's the way I was brainwashed brought up as a kid!

Jane2008: It's not feasible to blanket ban an IP, as there may be several users in one household for instance using the same broadband connection. Block the IP and everyone on that IP gets denied access. That's not fair on those behaving!

Just some friendly advice. Don't let this thread descend into a mod bashing thread....hahaha...or someone might be stamping on more than puppies!...hahaha

See what I mean. A bit of banter and a laugh and a joke :clap:

Archived