Peter the great (mod)

It's alright joking about it, I know for a fact that Pete also sells Alcoblog's ideas on the black market though

... Ideas that unfortunately I no longer have.

Ever since the semi-decapitation incident whilst trying to bump start the Alcocopter, even remembering to breathe is a task in itself. Sadly, the post-it note on the end of my nose saying 'inhale' would now seem to be a permanent fixture. :(

So yey mods, Pete being a jolly good one. As is Mort, though that will annoy the OP. ;)

It doesn't annoy me at all. All the mods have a job to and I applaud them for doing it but some go about it better than others.

---------- Post added 11-07-2013 at 22:07 ----------

as usual nasty comments ---mods should close this --as its about a mod

Yes its about a mod, its about a mod that I was praising for doing a good job and for being polite and courteous :)

It doesn't annoy me at all. All the mods have a job to and I applaud them for doing it but some go about it better than others.

Better is in the eye of the beholder. In an ideal world every deletion/lock/ban etc would be accompanied by a full explanation of why it was carried out with comprehensive reference to the forum rules and a background of the previous mod decisions forming a body of forum case law on which the decision had been referenced.

As this is SF and not the High Court that's not possible so sometimes good decisions are made that can seem bad to some and sometimes bad decisions are made that seem good to some. It's not perfect but overall it works, which is the most important thing and I can say from personal experience when a mod get's it totally wrong on a point of fact and way overreacts as a result it will get sorted out with very good grace by the admin.

Better is in the eye of the beholder. In an ideal world every deletion/lock/ban etc would be accompanied by a full explanation of why it was carried out with comprehensive reference to the forum rules and a background of the previous mod decisions forming a body of forum case law on which the decision had been referenced.

As this is SF and not the High Court that's not possible so sometimes good decisions are made that can seem bad to some and sometimes bad decisions are made that seem good to some. It's not perfect but overall it works, which is the most important thing and I can say from personal experience when a mod get's it totally wrong on a point of fact and way overreacts as a result it will get sorted out with very good grace by the admin.

Like I said "some go about it better than others"

The point is: If a mod overreacts and gets it totally wrong then we are answerable to the Admins....Just as members need to follow the rules of the forum, so do the mods, and for that matter, so do the admins.

Yes there is a margin of latitude in decisions we make, but at the end of the day, we need to be fair and 'right' in those decisions however they are expressed. I choose to try to explain, where I can the reasons for those those decisions, but occasionally, due to the amount of work that needs doing and time constraints, it's not 'always' possible.

The point is: If a mod overreacts and gets it totally wrong then we are answerable to the Admins....Just as members need to follow the rules of the forum, so do the mods, and for that matter, so do the admins.

Yes there is a margin of latitude in decisions we make, but at the end of the day, we need to be fair and 'right' in those decisions however they are expressed. I choose to try to explain, where I can the reasons for those those decisions, but occasionally, due to the amount of work that needs doing and time constraints, it's not 'always' possible.

Pete before this thread goes off course which it inevitably will do I think its time to close it. So if you would like to do the honours you are quite welcome. You keep up the good work. Sorry if I made you blush earlier. I’m going to bed now, it’s been a long day and I have to be up early :wave:

Archived