Stain on cream carpet

Hi .Got a brown stain a tea colour stain on a cream wool type carpet. about a foot diameter. tried Vanish . scrubbing . steamer . carpet cleaner. Nothing will move it any one any one any ideas . thanks to any one that can help. :huh::huh:

Unless really, really bad, I've always had a fair bit of success with 1001 Foam....can't get it everywhere for some reason, but Wilkinsons sell it.

Used to come with a plastic "scrubbing brush" affair in the domed lid of the aerosol, but I noticed the newest variety seems to have ditched it....

Cellulose thinner works for tea stains (and coffee) on light coloured carpets ... I've tried it myself on a cappuccino infested wool/polyester!

Buy a 25 litre can (round one) of cellulose thinner and place over the stain.

Sit on top of the can so that it doesn't move.

Use a sharp Stanley knife to cut through the carpet, using the cellulose thinner can as a template.

Remove can and stained circle of carpet.

Push sofa out of the way and repeat the above on a clean bit of carpet.

Swap carpet circles over.

Push sofa back over stain.

Do not try drinking the cellulose thinner in celebration of a job well done ... save it for another stain. :)

I know somebody will probably say I'm after a job but I'm not. Be careful with DIY products they can sometimes make the stains permanent/worse.

Was it tea that caused the stain?

Just don't try product after product, your just mixing chemicals.

Steve

Archived