Any fellow OVALTINIES out there

I was an Ovaltiney when I was a kid. I have their vinyl LP, which was issued around 1980. They would be on the 'wireless' each Sunday night. A secret message would be sent out to all the members. We had to decode it from a booklet which we had received. I remember one such message, when decoded read 'Be kind to Mummy'. Such happy innocent days.

I remember the song, in part, I think it was also on their advert on Radio Luxembourg. Never one myself, but thin the song was probably sung by kids who were "short tongued" or just a poor recording ... something like "we are the Ovaltinies, little girlth and boyth..... " ?????

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Malaysia

Ah the golden age of radio, or the wireless as we used to call it in the poorer areas.

Know the song of course but think of it as a little before my time, BIG Children's hour fan though and loved "Wondering with Nomad".

Mind you, you have to be careful who you say that to these days, you can get some very funny looks ...:hihi:

Different world now I'm sorry to say...

Sunday 7-15am here in Subang Jaya, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 12-15 am in Sheffield.

Just going out for breakfast, then Carrefour Supermarket - guess what - Ovantine and Horlicks are on the shopping list - we get these here along with Milo Chocolate drink. All of these we drink hot and cold (iced)

Grey Eminence - Wangsa Baiduri - Subang Jaya - Malaysia

Archived