Doncaster Free Press reporter threatened by far-right

Show me a link to the threats and I will comment on them because there are no threats in the OP's link.

There's a post by an eyewitness to the threats as seen on Facebook before they were removed.

You choose to disbelieve it.

Perhaps you could try the mental exercise of suspending your disbelief for a while and tell us what you would think of these comments if they were true.

some of the highlights include:

Threats to (to try any put it as delicately as possible) 'stuff the young lady's womanhood with razor blades and throttle her' (the actual post, which had 16 'likes' was not worded in the manner above, but I'll mercifully spare you a direct quote).

Encouragement for readers to 'pour acid upon the young lady's face.

A promise to 'firebomb the newspaper office'.

Several comments to the effect that she should 'contract AIDS and die' (this was occasionally broadened to included other Doncaster Free Press staff members, who, it was felt were complicit in the alleged actions.

An entire slough of racist posts, accusing the person of various intimate relationships with members of the Islamic community, who were labelled using the most vulgar and abusive terms imaginable.

And finally... a message containing the young lady's email address and work telephone number, with an enthusiastic appeal to other EDL members to 'bombard her with messages of hate' - followed by a chilling comment to the effect that 'we know where you are and where you live'.

Show me a link to the threats and I will comment on them because there are no threats in the OP's link.

There is pretty obviously an implied threat to Miss Marshall, made even worse as she had been implicated for something she didn't do.

If Miss Marshall is not dealt with we will be outside Doncaster Free Press until she is.” The NUJ (who by their very profession understand what is said/written) see the harassment of their employee as a threat, its quite clear in the article in the link in the opening post of the thread, parts of which I've quoted just in case anyone hasn't actually read it.

The NUJ will not tolerate these serious threats. This harassment of Sarah and other staff on the newspaper must be taken seriously.

I'm at a loss to see how anyone could suggest this was anything other than a threat.

There is pretty obviously an implied threat to Miss Marshall, made even worse as she had been implicated for something she didn't do.

If Miss Marshall is not dealt with we will be outside Doncaster Free Press until she is.” The NUJ (who by their very profession understand what is said/written) see the harassment of their employee as a threat, its quite clear in the article in the link in the opening post of the thread, parts of which I've quoted just in case anyone hasn't actually read it.

The NUJ will not tolerate these serious threats. This harassment of Sarah and other staff on the newspaper must be taken seriously.

I'm at a loss to see how anyone could suggest this was anything other than a threat.

the problem is, he DOESNT want to see them, like a small child covering his ears going ner ner ner ner not listening

he will do and say ANYTHING at all to excuse and apologise for the EDL, yet all muslims are inherently evil, even the decent people Oo

There's a post by an eyewitness to the threats as seen on Facebook before they were removed.

Perhaps you could try the mental exercise of suspending your disbelief for a while and tell us what you would think of these comments if they were true.

Oh come on, I know you have good intentions...but get real..

So now you expect me to automatically believe everything every anonymous person says on SF and treat it as evidence. :D

---------- Post added 14-07-2013 at 13:39 ----------

Didn't the occupy movement do something similar, I think their aim was for the bankers to be punished for their action, in this case it appears they want her disciplined by her employer. Its not a threat against her, the threat is against her employer and the only consequence if her employer does nothing, is they have threatened to stand out side the officers until they do.

Sounds like picketing, teachers do it, miners did it, public sector workers do it all the time when they don't get their own way. Its nothing new and as far as I am aware it remains a legal cause of action for everyone in the country.

---------- Post added 14-07-2013 at 13:42 ----------

the problem is, he DOESNT want to see them, like a small child covering his ears going ner ner ner ner not listening

he will do and say ANYTHING at all to excuse and apologise for the EDL, yet all muslims are inherently evil, even the decent people Oo

These are the action of your clique every time facts are posted, they are ignored, swept under the carpet.

So now you expect me to automatically believe everything every anonymous person says on SF and treat it as evidence. :D

---------- Post added 14-07-2013 at 13:39 ----------

Didn't the occupy movement do something similar, I think their aim was for the bankers to be punished for their action, in this case it appears they want her disciplined by her employer. Its not a threat against her, the threat is against her employer and the only consequence if her employer does nothing, is they have threatened to stand out side the officers until they do.

Sounds like picketing, teachers do it, miners did it, public sector workers do it all the time when they don't get their own way. Its nothing new and as far as I am aware it remains a legal cause of action for everyone in the country.

---------- Post added 14-07-2013 at 13:42 ----------

These are the action of your clique every time facts are posted, they are ignored, swept under the carpet.

i aint in no clique, i aint in cahoots with anybody

Archived