Doncaster Free Press reporter threatened by far-right

would the best journalistic response not be to find out who the actual scrote was and thus clear their reporters name?

The police have cleared the woman who works for the Doncaster newspaper, allegedly. They're under no obligation to do anything.

Where did you see a pic of her Andy ? i couldn't see one linked.

The surveillance video linked in the op article. From 12 secs in to 35 ish centred

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 20:08 ----------

The police have cleared the woman who works for the Doncaster newspaper, allegedly. They're under no obligation to do anything.

I didn't say they were under an obligation, but you'd have thought as journalists they might want to do a bit of journalism and find out who the woman was if it is not their employee?

I didn't say they were under an obligation, but you'd have thought as journalists they might want to do a bit of journalism and find out who the woman was if it is not their employee?

How much time and money do you think they should spend searching through the approx 250,000 women in Sheffield that day[1] to see if one of them was the woman in the video. The important this was their employee was not involved which they already know.

If the EDL wanted to make allegations against a person it was up to them to make sure they'd got the right one not just pick on the first person they find who looks a bit like them.

[1] Some of whom will have been visitors and no longer in the city.

How much time and money do you think they should spend searching through the approx 250,000 women in Sheffield that day[1] to see if one of them was the woman in the video. The important this was their employee was not involved which they already know.

If the EDL wanted to make allegations against a person it was up to them to make sure they'd got the right one not just pick on the first person they find who looks a bit like them.

[1] Some of whom will have been visitors and no longer in the city.

On which basis how could journos have identified the rock guys kid for hanging off the cenotaph in London? It's simply impossible? Given London had far more people in it that day.

The individual was front and centre at a Uaf ruck so a good place to start looking would be a known Uaf female who looks like that and was not probably elsewhere at the time. The source of this ID seems to think that matches this person. The paper say that's not the case but haven't offered any proof or looked into alternative individuals who match those criteria. So they could have probably handled it better, assuming the ID is incorrect.

On which basis how could journos have identified the rock guys kid for hanging off the cenotaph in London? It's simply impossible? Given London had far more people in it that day.

come on lol theres a vast difference between say london journos and donny ones???

surely?

:suspect:

I suspect the identities of the children of celebrities are more widely know than members of the general population.

The individual was front and centre at a Uaf ruck so a good place to start looking would be a known Uaf female who looks like that and was not probably elsewhere at the time. The source of this ID seems to think that matches this person. The paper say that's not the case but haven't offered any proof or looked into alternative individuals who match those criteria. So they could have probably handled it better, assuming the ID is incorrect.

OK so that narrows it down, but that just means the EDL would have had less of a problem identifying the correct person in the first place. Don't think the onus should have been on the EDL to make sure they'd got the right person rather than on someone else to find the right one to prove they'd got the wrong one?

Erm. Having read the article I must be missing something. Could someone point out the part where the "EDL thugs" threatened the journo?

All I can see is that the said they'd set up camp outside the office where she works until they deal with her in regards to the criminal damage she apparently took part in.

I think I also missed the part which threatened her.

Archived