One brave girl ..

Which testament of the bible are you basing your question on ? and how many Christians these days live their lives by taking the bible verbatim unlike Islam which would tend to be be 100% or as near as damn it of the followers.

these questions are futile, without asking every christian, muslim, jovo etc etc whether they live their lives to the exact word of the book, but max has stated a few times now how he thinks theres no moderates, all muslims are extreme............yet hes never met them all :suspect:

as has been said, yet you and max and your ilk constantly shoot it down cos it doesnt fit in with your world view, theres varying degrees of people, some moderate, some more extreme (including muslims)

funnily enough to me, the most extreme religious people I KNOW are part of my missuses family who are jeovas witnesses

now i expect this post to go down in flames...........as usual

these questions are futile, without asking every christian, muslim, jovo etc etc whether they live their lives to the exact word of the book, but max has stated a few times now how he thinks theres no moderates, all muslims are extreme............yet hes never met them all :suspect:

as has been said, yet you and max and your ilk constantly shoot it down cos it doesnt fit in with your world view, theres varying degrees of people, some moderate, some more extreme (including muslims)

funnily enough to me, the most extreme religious people I KNOW are part of my missuses family who are jeovas witnesses

now i expect this post to go down in flames...........as usual

I dont believe in the moderate myth of Islam that doesnt mean I say ALL Muslims are extremists by nature but I believe that all true Muslims are capable of extremism due to their unbending belief in their religion and I think the clues in that statement are the words..true Muslims and unbending belief again that doesnt mean each and every individual Muslim.

Nothing at all odd about it at all, I just pointed out that offering more asylum places isn't the only way we can help. We can help them without offering them asylum places.

I never suggested that offering asylum places was the only option. :huh:

So you believe that all Christians are extremists too, which means your remarks about Muslims are equally implausible.

I believe a significant number are, but the majority appear to have adapted their religion to the 21st century, and whilst I believe a significant number of Muslims have adapted their religion, I believe the majority have not.

I believe a significant number are, but the majority appear to have adapted their religion to the 21st century, and whilst I believe a significant number of Muslims have adapted their religion, I believe the majority have not.

Ok, so what do you base your beliefs on?

I never suggested that offering asylum places was the only option. :huh:

Yes you did.

I guess the only way we can help is by offering more asylum places here,

Only

Nothing more besides; solely or exclusively:

---------- Post added 13-07-2013 at 13:20 ----------

Ok, so what do you base your beliefs on?

If the majority of Muslims felt as the young girl felt then she and every other Muslim female would be educated and free, and millions of Muslim men would be protecting them and standing up for their right to be treated equally, sadly they are not because they don't think the way she thinks.

Yes you did.

Only

Nothing more besides; solely or exclusively:

And you ignored the rest of my post?

I guess the only way we can help is by offering more asylum places here, to help more brave women like her; so they can become role models back home. Maybe we can increase our aid to help the girls who wont get the chance to escape, and maybe link that aid to forcing through change.

It's nice to see you on board.

I guess the only way we can help is by offering more asylum places here, to help more brave women like her; so they can become role models back home. Maybe we can increase our aid to help the girls who wont get the chance to escape, and maybe link that aid to forcing through change.

What sort of Role Model do you think she would be?

The sort who is revered for her (undoubtedly) brave action, or the sort who is looked up to because she managed to get the hell out of that place?

Perhaps the British governent (along with a few other governents which seem to be very hppy to send money to support corrupt regimes which are nuclear powers could say (and mean) :

We are not sending you one penny.

We are not accepting one of your citizens as an immigrant.

Until you start acting in a manner which we find acceptable.

(Yes, I can hear the wails of anguish already: "It's their culture, why should they change anything to fit in with our ways?")

Good Question. There's a good answer, too:

"He who pays the piper, calls the tune. If you want our money you use it the way we want you to."

What sort of Role Model do you think she would be?

The sort who is revered for her (undoubtedly) brave action, or the sort who is looked up to because she managed to get the hell out of that place?

Perhaps the British governent (along with a few other governents which seem to be very hppy to send money to support corrupt regimes which are nuclear powers could say (and mean) :

We are not sending you one penny.

We are not accepting one of your citizens as an immigrant.

Until you start acting in a manner which we find acceptable.

(Yes, I can hear the wails of anguish already: "It's their culture, why should they change anything to fit in with our ways?")

Good Question. There's a good answer, too:

"He who pays the piper, calls the tune. If you want our money you use it the way we want you to."

It's complicated in Pakistan's case because they are fighting the Taliban on their border with Afghanistan and a lot of the aid is linked to that.

Archived