32 police injured in orange order rioting

I was brought up in Belfast and I've recently returned from a visit there and I can honestly say it is an awful lot better than when I lived there.

I suppose it all boils down to whether or not you support the viewpoint that people should be allowed to march even if it offends some people and we had it in Sheffield recently with the EDL march.

I despise the EDL's politics but I can't argue with their right to express an opinion, so I suppose the march should be allowed.

but you could look at it another way, is there a difference in the way the reasons affect their lives?

in the case of the irish yes

in the case of the EDL, no, in 95/99% extremist muslims DONT or never have affected their lives, most of it is built on lies and half truths, and what theyve read about in the paper

I was brought up in Belfast and I've recently returned from a visit there and I can honestly say it is an awful lot better than when I lived there.

I suppose it all boils down to whether or not you support the viewpoint that people should be allowed to march even if it offends some people and we had it in Sheffield recently with the EDL march.

I despise the EDL's politics but I can't argue with their right to express an opinion, so I suppose the march should be allowed.

If the march had gone ahead a mob of nationalists would know doubt be doing what a mob of loyalists have been doing for the last few nights. It seems some people in Northern Ireland like an excuse to engage in a bit of recreational hooliganism.

I suppose it all boils down to whether or not you support the viewpoint that people should be allowed to march

They were allowed to march - just not through the Catholic estates. Why does celebrating a victory of a Dutch king 320 years ago now translate that they have to march through a Catholic estate?

Go to the Boyne and morn, or party, or whatever they want to do. Wear Orange hats and eat oranges until their pee comes out looking like Tropicana - but they're divs for pushing the marching season. Monumental divs.

You could put the lot of them in the EU and make them all miserable.

A simple vote won't solve any issues - but given that nobody in Northern Ireland appears to be willing to do anything to effect a resolution, perhaps taking away the reason (which would, I've no doubt make many feel 'disenfranchised') might be the only way to go.

Let Northern Ireland be a (probably insignificant) state in the EU and let them get on with it.

Why should policemen be injured?

Why should 'innocent' (or not so innocent) bystanders be injured?

If the people of Northern Ireland can't learn to live with their history, why should anybody else have to pay for their inability?

The same police will get injured. It's not like they'll all jump on a boat and come over here and leave their communities behind. It happens every year (although I believe routes do change). It will always happen I think.

If the march had gone ahead a mob of nationalists would know doubt be doing what a mob of loyalists have been doing for the last few nights. It seems some people in Northern Ireland like an excuse to engage in a bit of recreational hooliganism.

Sadly Mr T the same applies to just about any city :(

I thought you might have expressed yourself with one of your Youtube clips :hihi:

Sadly Mr T the same applies to just about any city

If you think the issues in Belfast are replicated everywhere else to the same extent then you're just showing your ignorance. Only Old Firm matches get near it and there won't be many of them for a couple of years at least.

Archived