Can TSB do this?

Hi all.

I have just got off the phone with TSB,and thought I would try and release some of my frustration on here lol.

I have held an account with TSB for the last 5/6 years,its only a basic current account,and the majority of my banking/saving is done through Natwest,but I do still use it from time to time,and mainly for direct debits.

Anyway...

I tried checking my account online last night,and it wouldn't let me.

It said ring 020blah..blah..blah for assistance.

So I thought its probably just one of these random security things they like to do(mainly at very inconvenient times lol),so I didn't worry too much about it at the time,and thought I'll ring them tomorrow.

So this morning I get a letter from the bank stating "we have had to close the following accounts,and we can no longer run an account for you",and then it listed 26 accounts!

So I got straight on the phone to them,and they said because I had tried to open so many accounts,they had no other option but to close everything down!

So I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone explaining I know nothing about these accounts to several supervisors and so-called managers,but they had no interest at all!

My point was(apart from the obvious one of knowing anything about this!)why would they allow someone to open all these accounts on a basic account?

I don't know who I feel more robbed by,the fraudsters or TSB!

Is there some sort of banking ombudsmen/watchdog I can make a complaint to?

I felt like I was the criminal for the first 5 minutes of the phone call,I was literally on the phone promising them that I knew nothing about it!

I am the victim here,so why didn't TSB even offer some sort of help or assistance?Why have they just closed my account due to a fraud attack,yet won't actually chase the fraud up?

Thats my rant over anyways,and I suppose the question is...

Can I take it further with someone?

Even if it just for pure principal of the matter.

Archived