Heatwave..Please dont forget about the homeless

Empathy is one thing but half baked heat wave responses about cold drinks in another.

This is another example of a fleeting idea. Today it is the homeless and the heat. Tomorrow it will all be forgotten and such thoughtful couch philanthropists will have moved on to something else in their never ending quest to salve their conscience.

The middle classes are having a bad time right now finding issues to focus upon now that every other shop is a charity one and even the roads are lined with posters telling us how much difference £3 a month makes.

I like it even more when the multi-millionaires of Loose Women tell me how life really is; the injustices of having warm champers on your first class flight to a sun kissed private beach half way round the world as part of your mid-week break. All of them dressed for a warm studio yet wearing upwards of £1000 of clothes. And never seen in the same outfit twice.

Out fit or out of touch with reality. No brainer there then.

You can only be concerned with charity and giving to others when you are able to give. The reality is that a minimum wage existence allows us no fat on the bone. Sure, we have homes and lock our own problems behind them, but we are struggling to stay off the streets. Hence, giving anything to some one already there isn't my priority and is beyond my means, dreams or intentions.

But again, fatter middle classes with nothing better to do can view the world from a new sofa in an ivory tower and pontificate till some one listens to their empty headed dross and responds giving what they want to hear.

Personally, and if it helps, pm me and I'll meet you all. I'll bow and scrape and offer up kindly 'thank ee, marms' and you can drop as much silver into my palm as makes you feel warm and contented before you return to BBC 2, Kirsty Wark and cocoa.

All major credit cards also accepted.

Feel better do we?

Empathy is one thing but half baked heat wave responses about cold drinks in another.

This is another example of a fleeting idea. Today it is the homeless and the heat. Tomorrow it will all be forgotten and such thoughtful couch philanthropists will have moved on to something else in their never ending quest to salve their conscience.

The middle classes are having a bad time right now finding issues to focus upon now that every other shop is a charity one and even the roads are lined with posters telling us how much difference £3 a month makes.

I like it even more when the multi-millionaires of Loose Women tell me how life really is; the injustices of having warm champers on your first class flight to a sun kissed private beach half way round the world as part of your mid-week break. All of them dressed for a warm studio yet wearing upwards of £1000 of clothes. And never seen in the same outfit twice.

Out fit or out of touch with reality. No brainer there then.

You can only be concerned with charity and giving to others when you are able to give. The reality is that a minimum wage existence allows us no fat on the bone. Sure, we have homes and lock our own problems behind them, but we are struggling to stay off the streets. Hence, giving anything to some one already there isn't my priority and is beyond my means, dreams or intentions.

But again, fatter middle classes with nothing better to do can view the world from a new sofa in an ivory tower and pontificate till some one listens to their empty headed dross and responds giving what they want to hear.

Personally, and if it helps, pm me and I'll meet you all. I'll bow and scrape and offer up kindly 'thank ee, marms' and you can drop as much silver into my palm as makes you feel warm and contented before you return to BBC 2, Kirsty Wark and cocoa.

All major credit cards also accepted.

Feel better do we?

Better kind thoughts than what you must have going round in your head. I feel rather sorry for you.

Charity shouldn't be necessary, but unfortunately it is. And now the big boys have realised how lucrative it is, less and less of it is finding its way to the people who need it. Charity CEO's are regularly on 6 figure salaries, and it's become another scam for them to exploit.

You might also be surprised at what % of their time and income poor people give to charity, when they can. Their hearts obviously being warmer than yours for all their privations.

It would be nice however if those with more than their fair share of good fortune shared it round a bit more.

Another SF thread descends into a hate fest.

Great!

---------- Post added 15-07-2013 at 20:07 ----------

I saw the homeless et al drinking plenty of cold drinks outside the archer project today. Looked like they were keeping cool to me.

Maybe because somebody considered their welfare and provided some cooling beverages.

Archived