Susan Taylor dies attempting to swim Channel

Jeez that tragic!

RIP Susan! Ill be happy to donate a few quid in your name.

it brings it home to you how dangerous it really is, you hear now and again about somebody whos done it no issues, time and time again, or who got half way and got home safely

then something like this

it brings it home to you how dangerous it really is, you hear now and again about somebody whos done it no issues, time and time again, or who got half way and got home safely

then something like this

The channel is deceptively dangerous and very busy for such a small bit of water.

At least her family may be comforted by the fact she died doing something so worth while and selfless.

Someone at my Mrs's work is trying to do it. You have to do a 2 hour qualifying swim and have enough sponsorship money to justify the risk of a Channel swim. It's not something to be entered into lightly.

Sad loss.

it's a terribly sad outcome - the report i read in the times said you had to have completed a 6 hour sea swim before being considered by the two main organisations which support channel swims - which this lady had

more than three times as many people have climbed everest than have swam the channel which shows how difficult an achievement it is

as a non-swimmer i can't even begin to imagine the courage and effort required

Never nice to hear of anyone dying, she must have been very fit & an excellent swimmer, once again we have someone doing something for a good cause & it costing them their lives.

It happens all too often now, marathons and such and now this I hope she really does RIP, such a shame doing something for others.

Archived