High Temperatures how calculated

Just wondered if any knowledgable people out there can enlighten me as how to temperatures are taken for the highest and lowest,

It was saying a record high was taken at such and such a place and it was about 31celcius. But my outdoor thermometer (in full sun) is at the moment saying 44 celcius.

Do they take the actual temperature in the shade? :confused:

As post above, Stevenson's Box is standard method. I've got one of those outdoor sensors and place it a few feet off the ground and not too close to the house wall as this could affect the reading, and of course in a position where the sun won't catch it over the day.

Just now its reading 31.2c, Sunday it peaked at 33c.

Just wondered if any knowledgable people out there can enlighten me as how to temperatures are taken for the highest and lowest,

It was saying a record high was taken at such and such a place and it was about 31celcius. But my outdoor thermometer (in full sun) is at the moment saying 44 celcius.

Do they take the actual temperature in the shade? :confused:

I just go outside and say bloody hell it's hot, and beautiful :hihi::hihi:

Archived