Neighbour dies trying to defend a paedophile

It isn't vigilantism attacking folk who have served their tariff.

There are plenty of people, including several on here, who say you can never serve a long enough tariff for being convicted as a paedophile (and a selection of other serious crimes), and that scaring/threatening a released one sufficiently that they move away or commit suicide is a good thing for the community. They don't often admit to wanting to kill them out right though, but I still hope they're empty threats by keyboard warriors.

Vigilantes, by definition, are those who dish out justice without permission or authority - the targets of their action don't have to have actually committed a crime.

Vigilantes, by definition, are those who dish out justice without permission or authority - the targets of their action don't have to have actually committed a crime.

Vigilantism is attacking folk who appear to be escaping the law. Attacking folk who haven't committed a crime is thuggery.

Vigilantism is attacking folk who appear to be escaping the law. Attacking folk who haven't committed a crime is thuggery.

vigilantism is taking the law into your own hands, in this case he attacked somebody he knew as a paedo, sadly also in this case a neighbour stood up for the old man and paid the ultimate price :(

Has just come out that the suspect is actually a murderer who is 22 years into a 25 year stretch at the moment.

He was on Day release from Prison.

I presume he's absconded? (I know the staff are abit slow, but surely they've checked for him there right?)

Has just come out that the suspect is actually a murderer who is 22 years into a 25 year stretch at the moment.

He was on Day release from Prison.

I presume he's absconded? (I know the staff are abit slow, but surely they've checked for him there right?)

aahh i thought hed actually been released, it just said he was in prison at the same time as the old fella

if its true, maybe he didnt want to be released in 3 years time so got a murder to add to his "time"

No he's probably just a complete scumbag, he was already at like a Cat D prison - so basically Butlins, and being on Day-release he probably was quite used to the outside.

If he wanted to extend his stay why not just beat up a prison guard, or another inmate?

No he's probably just a complete scumbag, he was already at like a Cat D prison - so basically Butlins, and being on Day-release he probably was quite used to the outside.

If he wanted to extend his stay why not just beat up a prison guard, or another inmate?

errrrrm murder gets you a longer time lol, and who better to attack than a paedo for browny points? i suppose a guard but......

its just i used to know somebody that couldnt stay on the outside very long, hed commit a crime (such as burgling the local youth club etc) just to go down again, he was committing crimes daily.

it is difficult for some when back on the outside, you do get "institutionalised" and find it almost impossible to get back to the daily routine of paying bills and stuff, looking after yourself, specially if you dont have much help

vigilantism is taking the law into your own hands, in this case he attacked somebody he knew as a paedo, sadly also in this case a neighbour stood up for the old man and paid the ultimate price :(

No. In this case he attacked someone who might have even have thought that the person being attacked had a conviction as a paedo. But on the day he was the only one who broke the law.

If the old bloke had committed a crime there was no need to have attacked him. The law would have sorted that. But of course he hadn't committed a crime for which he hadn't been punished. He was getting on with his life and was attacked.

No. In this case he attacked someone who might have even have thought that the person being attacked had a conviction as a paedo. But on the day he was the only one who broke the law.

If the old bloke had committed a crime there was no need to have attacked him. The law would have sorted that. But of course he hadn't committed a crime for which he hadn't been punished. He was getting on with his life and was attacked.

i think you need to read up on the definition of a vigilante, i think what you mean is where people take up torches and pitchforks and go and apprehend a suspect of a crime

this is similer, but the vigilante doesnt care if the criminal has served his time or not, he just wants to dish out his own brand of brutality, just like if ian brady got let out, think hed last long? even if hed done his time

anyway, that was one idea, like i said maybe he just wanted more time inside

vig·i·lan·te

[vij-uh-lan-tee] Show IPA

noun

a member of a vigilance committee.

any person who takes the law into his or her own hands, as by avenging a crime.

adjective

done violently and summarily, without recourse to lawful procedures: vigilante justice.

Archived