Youths throwing water bombs at cars on Abbeydale Road

Well i could certainly control my car under those circumstances so i'd say it's not my driving skills in question here. Maybe you should hand your license back.

So for you it is acceptable for youths to be throwing items at oncoming vehicles?

Your comments make you as worse as them, and are part of the problems this city has at the moment with poor behaviour.

So for you it is acceptable for youths to be throwing items at oncoming vehicles?

Your comments make you as worse as them, and are part of the problems this city has at the moment with poor behaviour.

No, you're just over reacting. How do you manage in heavy rain ?

Its only because they are asian. For some people asians can do no wrong and its the white folk that are to blame for everything wrong in the world.

Innit :D

It isn't acceptable, but it is the kind of thing some of my friends and I got up to when we were kids 30 years ago, and if you can't cope with it you really should not be driving as someone else has said above.

I would go along with that.:)

So if you wasn't expecting a water bomb being thrown at you're windscreen and they threw it are you saying you'd not react or jump abit?

Of course i'd be startled, but i'm hardly likely to crash or mow down pedestrians as the OP would.

It isn't acceptable, but it is the kind of thing some of my friends and I got up to when we were kids 30 years ago, and if you can't cope with it you really should not be driving as someone else has said above.

let's look at it from the other perspective then.

2 years ago, Xmas Eve, I was cycling along and someone pulled out on me forcing me to brake, and as a result I was 2 cars behind the stop line at the lights.

That person did me a favour as at the front as I was waiting, a car coming the other way was hit with a snowball, trough the open window into the driver's face.

Moments later that car was firmly embedded in the bonnet of the car at the front of my queue.

If I'd not had the previous issue I'd have been at the front of that queue, and the squishy filling in a car sandwich.

I don't think I'd have taken much comfort in the thought that "kids are kids and the driver should have coped" somehow....

These youths also have a penchant for lobbing them at cyclists which I know some will find funny, but you probably wouldn't if you were being held by police after a FATACC when the cyclist fell as you were passing

I think you totally miss the point.

What you are basically saying is that if your kids did this, you would tell them off but leave it at that.

The Police have received several calls tonight about it. I can cope with the driving - but what about other people?

The youths should be identified, and taking to court with fines in place. That won't happen, hence the problem continues.

Of course i'd be startled, but i'm hardly likely to crash or mow down pedestrians as the OP would.

You never know, it only takes a second of being startled then bang, the parked car obscured you're view of the midget crossing the road.

Archived