Youths throwing water bombs at cars on Abbeydale Road

come on then lets bring people on mobile phones in on the discussion. is that a hazard?. its against the law but then throwing water bombs is as well, (I think).

How many driver do you still see using there mobiles when driving??. for me its loads of them, should we as a society ignore that?.

come on then lets bring people on mobile phones in on the discussion. is that a hazard?. its against the law but then throwing water bombs is as well, (I think).

How many driver do you still see using there mobiles when driving??. for me its loads of them, should we as a society ignore that?.

Yeah it's stupid!

Look at this guy:

Just because he's not a phone doesn't make it fine!

Also people think that it's fine because they've got a bluetooth headset!

NO ITS NOT FINE YOU'RE ATTENTION IS STILL NOT ON THE ROAD ITS ON YOUR WIFE ASKING WHAT YOU WANT FOR TEA!

Well if you hit things and then floor it i'm very worried!
I don't hit things then floor it. I floor it because I've been hit unexpectedly. And the safest thing to do (environment/variables permitting) is to get away from the 'danger zone' soonest, then temporize.

There is no contradiction going on!
There is. Your argument is that a driver would not experience the slightest reaction/distraction/emotion/lapse whatsoever when being hit by <something> out of the blue. That anyone who is not a perfect, unemotional, infallible, robot-like operator is not fit to drive. Right. :|

I've been driving for 4 years! Yes it's not that long but i can assure you that there's people who've been on the roads for longer and instead of learning more they've just become brain dumbed auto pilot zombies who don't pay attention to their surroundings!
Don't look at the straw in thy neighbour's eye ;)

[/color]

Exactly in an urban environment you should be more alert for hazards.. There is a 30mph speed limit on Abbeydale Road and 30mph is only dangerous if the persons reaction times are too slow to bring that speed down.

At the end of the day in a built up city like Sheffield **** like this happens..

You should expect it. If you want to call the police then its your right to do so and waste their time.

But there really isn't much else you can do about it!

I remember a van driver i knew crashed his van dodging a squirrel.. That sort of situation is a bit more life and death than a water baloon hitting a car window when you've got wipers!

And no he didn't start a thread having a go at all the squirrels in Sheffield!

Nor would he of specified if they were grey or red squirrels...

I am not looking for an argument and you are welcome to your views. However as I said earlier I was hit on the side of the head by a water bomb in a balloon thrown from the flat above Greenwoods Outfitters in Harrogate (not Sheffield and I don't expect that ****in either place). I did not see it coming nobody else was being 'bombed' and I was in the main shopping street in a North Yorkshire town on a sunny day. The boiling soapy water and goodness knows what else, possibly bleach, caused me shock and criminal damage to the convertible car I was driving. I do not have wipers on the inside of the windscreen either. IT COULD HAVE CAUSED AN ACCIDENT believe me. The Police said they would visit because if they did not then the perpetrators get braver and the items get more deadly. I have driven 45 years, The Royal Logistic Corps taught me to drive wagons and all about what's safe and what's not safe, I have driven all over the World in all situations and conditions, its not safe! When I was young we got up to all sorts yes, we also in my village had a Copper called Irish Mick on a Velocete motorcycle. He would give us a clip round the ear I we wouldn't do that anymore. Both name and action are not politically correct but how will they stop them now?

I don't hit things then floor it. I floor it because I've been hit unexpectedly. And the safest thing to do (environment/variables permitting) is to get away from the 'danger zone' soonest, then temporize.

There is. Your argument is that a driver would not experience the slightest reaction/distraction/emotion/lapse whatsoever when being hit by <something> out of the blue. That anyone who is not a perfect, unemotional, infallible, robot-like operator is not fit to drive. Right. :|

Don't look at the straw in thy neighbour's eye ;)

So if you hit someone without noticing you'd floor it after they've gone over the top of your car?

"Danger zone"!? We are not living in Somalia it is very unlikely that you will be kidnapped and held for ransom.

No we both agreed that people act in differen't ways and in different situations! In this situation i'd hope most people wouldn't react in an evasive manner which would put other people at risk because something shocked them a little!

"unemotional, infallible, robot-like operator is not fit to drive" now you're just putting words into my mouth haha..

So if you hit someone without noticing you'd floor it after they've gone over the top of your car?

"Danger zone"!? We are not living in Somalia it is very unlikely that you will be kidnapped and held for ransom.

No we both agreed that people act in differen't ways and in different situations! In this situation i'd hope most people wouldn't react in an evasive manner which would put other people at risk because something shocked them a little!

"unemotional, infallible, robot-like operator is not fit to drive" now you're just putting words into my mouth haha..

Every time you take out a one ton piece of red hot metal that can do upwards of 120mph you are in a 'Danger Zone'. I took the trouble to take my Advanced Driving Test. In my experience (and to be honest I have probably spent more than 4 years filling my car up at the service station) just "hoping" someone will react in the way you expect contributes to poor driving, false sense of security and causes many accidents. I don't expect drivers to pull out in front of me on the motorway without looking in the mirror when I am passing them but they do, I even anticipate it. Water bombs from 10 feet above me no sorry. But don't worry its taken me 45 years to get hit by one so its probable you won't get one for another 41 years to find out. Unless we and the Police allow it to proliferate then your odds may come down a bit. Then you can tell us all about it.

Hurt my car... no.

Cause me to lose concentration and control of the car, crashing into other cars or pedestrians ...... yes.

The only reason this country is going to the dumps is because of people like you, making out the country is going to the dumps when anyone under 60 does as much as breathes.

The only reason this country is going to the dumps is because of people like you, making out the country is going to the dumps when anyone under 60 does as much as breathes.

Complaining about some thugs hurling dangerous missiles at unsuspecting motorists is hardly making the country go to the dumps.

Archived