Peats pork sausage. The best in Sheffield?

tsavo

Does anyone remember Peats pork sausage? Peats had two shops. One on Crookes Rd and the other at Wadsley Lane. My favourite meal in the 60s was Jersey new potatoes (with a great blob of Lurpak butter), garden peas and Peats pork sausage. Does the recipe survive today? Please tell, I'll be back in a flash!

I used to go to Peats on Wadsley lane in the late 1950s for a piece of beef for my mum and 5 others in the family. The cost was around 7/6d that is about 38p today. there was always enough left for a pan of hash on mondays, and yes the sausages were terrific.

• 10 months later...

I think my Uncle worked at Peats just after the war. He startes his own butcher shortly thereafter, trading as Revitt & Hibberd, now wether he took Peats recipe or what but his sausages were definatley better, living on Mulehouse road, I had Peats sausage for a dummy so I can make an good judgement.

Archived