Funny cafe owner at Castleton

Places like Castleton and Bakewell are Derbyshires answer to Meadowhall or Crystal Peaks. Castleton just sells Blue John tat, whilst Bakewell specializes in both mass produced cake like stuff and cheap walking gear ... avoid at all cost! :gag:

(except for the motorcycle museum in Bakewell :thumbsup:)

---------- Post added 15-07-2013 at 23:37 ----------

That's a pub isn't it? :rolleyes:

Too true. :hihi:

Next time I go to Castleton I will be giving this man a wide berth and that's for sure . He sounds mentally insane & should be locked up or he should go on some courses . The main one being CUSTOMER SERVICES intensive course & the next being an anger management one . Either that or should just get sectioned under The Mental Health Act .:loopy:

I wonder if this is the same man that was arguing with the guy from the 2nd hand shop in Castleton when I visted last year, I think he was working in a cafe at the time and he was erm a little odd to say the least, They were chasing each other up and down the road hurling abuse at each other. It was a little uncomfortable to be around.

I am fairly sure I encountered this man a couple of summers ago.

I recall at the time thinking there couldn't be a ruder person in all Castleton that day. That is until I heard my own voice denouncing his overpriced produce, condemning his insistence on our purchasing something more then tea and a scone and vowing to neither buy anything nor to ever return. Which I never did until 20 minutes later when I realised I'd left my glasses behind.

I could sense his air of triumph as I meekly asked him if such were the case and he passed them over to me. I wasn't in a hurry to put them on.

Blimey, from the sounds of the reviews this has tipped from comical to sinister, how bizarre.

So, in theory, what happens if you have seen the menu, seen the prices, but are served absolute rubbish which you don't feel is worth the charge? If the owner refuses to discount, what can you do? Can you legally pay what you think is reasonable (which might be nothing at all if it's that bad)? Who decides?

I've witnessed a customer in another café complain just because they didn't like the dish they'd ordered very much. Nothing wrong with the way it was cooked, or the service, it just wasn't to the customer's taste. The staff kindly didn't charge for her meal (although she'd eaten quite a lot of it), which I thought was more generous than they needed to be. Not that this would happen in this particular Castleton café....