Knife crime statistics for South Yorkshire

Looks like the star has got the figures wrong as this comment they have just posted on there facebook page.

Following today's story on stabbing attacks in Sheffield we have been asked to point out that figures show five people a week were stabbed in the past five-and-a-half years, not 25.

We apologise for this mistake, which was down to a maths error.

Looks like the star has got the figures wrong as this comment they have just posted on there facebook page.

Following today's story on stabbing attacks in Sheffield we have been asked to point out that figures show five people a week were stabbed in the past five-and-a-half years, not 25.

We apologise for this mistake, which was down to a maths error.

What a statistical error to make. There is a big difference between 5 and 25 stabbings a week.

That's interesting, I've never heard of the courts/police/legal system doing such a thing. Could you link a source for me to read through?

I have read it more than once, but cannot find anything from a quick search. I remember having a discussion about it with my father, after he had also read the same.

What a statistical error to make. There is a big difference between 5 and 25 stabbings a week.

That's what happens when you let kids write your stories!

Its still wrong though. They've missed out the key words "statically" or "on average". I can pretty much guarantee there aren't exactly five stabbings every week.

And were they actually all on the street? How many were domestic?

Archived