Going on holiday (Robin Hood's Bay)! Advice please ..

if you visit saltburn be sure to call in at the chocolate shop. the hand made chocolates

are delicious with a good variety to choose from.

a walk through the valley gardens to the beach is nice as well.

Hurrah! ... love chocolate (if it's good). Saltburn's on the list (as well as some other suggestions on this thread!) :)

---------- Post added 19-07-2013 at 13:54 ----------

No suggestions, AB - but a request...

Please may we have an illustrated diary/journal of your travels and adventures? :)

You may well get a written 'report' when we get back ... maybe I'll chuck in a drawing too. :D

---------- Post added 19-07-2013 at 14:06 ----------

*puts on alcoblog costume*

friday took off in rocket, had a near miss with a whitbyonian trawler on the way, passed mel the bells house and shouted obcenities as i zoomed over at 25 miles per hour

Behave yourself! I'm taking a camera and notebook with me! I'll be (when back ... no laptop) reporting on Staithonians, Scarboroughdidlians, Whitbians and Salt Martians. Probably passing past your workplace (Skeleton) too! :P

theres currently an accident today at staithes while were on the subject of this local area, ive heard at least 6 sirens zooming past in the past half hour and air ambulance is supposed to be in attendence

could be a biker involved :( normally not good news on these roads

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 10:44 ----------

well todays the day in staithes, lifeboat day, even bigger in the staithes calender than new years eve lol

if anybodys in the area and fancies having a look, im mulling over whether to walk down see mi old mates, although it normally means a large intake of copious amounts of alkyhol in and outside the pubs, and a stagger back home tonight lol

no doubt the little scrotes from loftus will be down tonight to destroy the atmosphere and start fighting like every evening on lifeboat day

http://www.staithes-lifeboat.org.uk/fundraising/lifeboat-weekend/

• 2 weeks later...

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 10:44 ----------

[/color]well todays the day in staithes, lifeboat day, even bigger in the staithes calender than new years eve lol

if anybodys in the area and fancies having a look, im mulling over whether to walk down see mi old mates, although it normally means a large intake of copious amounts of alkyhol in and outside the pubs, and a stagger back home tonight lol

no doubt the little scrotes from loftus will be down tonight to destroy the atmosphere and start fighting like every evening on lifeboat day

http://www.staithes-lifeboat.org.uk/fundraising/lifeboat-weekend/

Are you exaggerating a teeny weeny little bit mel? :huh:

I was in Staithes (at your suggestion) last week (just before the C3 broke down) and it seems such a lovely place! To be honest, it seemed to me that as a pre-requisite to actually live there you need to be at least 100 years old and a widow. I'm pretty damn sure the woman who ran the 'Museum' was in actual fact ... dead.:o

Are you exaggerating a teeny weeny little bit mel? :huh:

I was in Staithes (at your suggestion) last week (just before the C3 broke down) and it seems such a lovely place! To be honest, it seemed to me that as a pre-requisite to actually live there you need to be at least 100 years old and a widow. I'm pretty damn sure the woman who ran the 'Museum' was in actual fact ... dead.:o

haha yeah they are a bit old, theyre a good old couple tho, we used to live next door to the cook museum, in fact when i was walking up the hill on lifeboat day after partaking in a few pints outside the cod and lobster, getting sunburnt and talking to some mates we passed old Reg he had a sit down halfway his missus had sprinted further up the hill and had to wait for him lol

mi mates have just bought the captain cook it seems too, the one at the top near the carpark and are gonna get bands on, trevor only really put jazz and folk bands on, mi mate Eef wants to put punk bands and such on

we've just got back from visiting my mum and the missus' family in marske for the weekend. we had a nice meal last night at tocketts mill nr. guisborough and today went into saltburn which was very busy. there was a food festival taking place along with a few folk singers in the valley gardens and a brass band playing in the bandstand.

haha yeah they are a bit old, theyre a good old couple tho, we used to live next door to the cook museum, in fact when i was walking up the hill on lifeboat day after partaking in a few pints outside the cod and lobster, getting sunburnt and talking to some mates we passed old Reg he had a sit down halfway his missus had sprinted further up the hill and had to wait for him lol

mi mates have just bought the captain cook it seems too, the one at the top near the carpark and are gonna get bands on, trevor only really put jazz and folk bands on, mi mate Eef wants to put punk bands and such on

Only tongue in cheek mel ... nice place. I'll be writing a full report on the Yorkshire coast when my photos get back from Imgur. :)

One of the best little museums I have ever been in was in Hull, just down by the docks. It has an old stagecoach which you can ride in and get the true feeling of what it would have been like for the travellers of those times when it was the only form of land transport

we've just got back from visiting my mum and the missus' family in marske for the weekend. we had a nice meal last night at tocketts mill nr. guisborough and today went into saltburn which was very busy. there was a food festival taking place along with a few folk singers in the valley gardens and a brass band playing in the bandstand.

blimey theyre all invading my territory Oo

Archived