Going on holiday (Robin Hood's Bay)! Advice please ..

I've just got back from a weekend up there. Stayed in a B&B at Goathland and did all the usual places mentioned above.

The reason I resurrected this thread though was purely for this pie and mash shop, which had a bottle of Hendo's relish on every table!

Ooh yeah, The Humble Pie and Mash shop. Very popular and sometimes needing a booking.

We're going in November out of season when it's a lot quieter but still atmospheric. 4 nights this time. There are a couple of restaurants we want to try, Ditto, which has always been closed when we've tried to go in the past and The Fisherman's Wife, which I've had good reports of.

• 3 weeks later...

oh and in fridays floods the main bridge into skinningrove has been partly washed away

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/redcar-residents-tell-nightmare-teesside-5860794

The main bridge at the entrance to Skinningrove was partly washed away, causing a major gas leak.

A Cleveland Police officer at the scene said the road was closed from Friday night through Saturday for safety reasons. Northern Gas staff worked at the scene to cap the leak on Saturday, with a strong gas smell over the village.

Experts said the bridge was likely to be closed for a considerable time, maybe months, and may have to be rebuilt. Traffic is being diverted.

A Northern Gas Networks spokesman said: “We’re working hard to ensure the repair is carried out as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

also

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/hundreds-caught-up-flash-flooding-5850913

check out the bus going through a flood at saltburn

oh and in fridays floods the main bridge into skinningrove has been partly washed away

You're all pretty safe up there with PC Nick Berry and his blue and white Ford Anglia at the end of a 999 call. Bet he could do Goatland cop shop to Skinningrove in less than a couple of hours! :)

Goathland is the best place on the planet bar none :D:love:

Not many people could argue with that Lin ... mainly because they're lucky enough to have never been there to pass judgement. Wether this is just pure luck or a higher intervention remains to be proved.

Personally, I'm not very lucky, nor spiritually motivated ... this, I feel, is the very reason I found myself there, one miserable windswept and drizzly day this July.

Unless you have a more than unhealthy desire to purchase spare parts for Ford Anglia's, goats, or assorted cheesy nic-nacs bearing the unwholesome begrinning visage of Nick Berry, I'd suggest doing yourself a favour and giving Goatland a wide berth,

This is Goatland ... the place where Nick Berry was born! So far as I can tell, he still lives above the Post Office ... hiding behind the sofa, away from the queue of people trying to return his shoddy goods and 'cut and shut' Ford Anglias (as apparent in the first photograph ... look at it again) .

How on earth he was accepted in the Police force, what with all his shady dealings and everything, is a total mystery to me.

Thankfully, the only money he managed to get off me, was the cost of a parking ticket and a Mr.Whippy (both of which, quickly becoming rain-sodden).

Archived