Going on holiday (Robin Hood's Bay)! Advice please ..

Well ... last year, me (A/B) and girlfriend (G/F) went to the Yorkshire Dales for our summer holiday. I started a post about it as I was interested as to wether anyone could recommend any really nice places to visit.

And you did! :thumbsup: ... a day out to the Wensleydale Cheese emporium through the back roads from Kilnsey to Hawes was brill! Bought loads of cheese and I can now do a VERY passable Wallace impersonation! :D Malham cove was superb too (although I suffered a vertiginous moment and had to eat an emergency energy bestowing sandwich as a result).

This year (five days to be precise), we're booked in at a holiday cottage in Fylingdales (closest place we could get last minute to the coast ... looks very nice though).

Once again I ask ... any recommendations of particularly interesting places to go? Off the beaten track's fine and we love walking ... historical stuff, picturesque, galleries, restaurants (nice ones ... not Mc.Donald's), nice quiet places for picnics etc? Also, boat hire places ... are there any in the area, sea or lake (30 mile radius) Think you get the gist ... thanks! :)

An ex boyfriend took me to Robin Hood's Bay for a weekend. It turned out to be a weekend in a grotty freezing caravan whilst helping mend steamy things on North Yorks Railway. (His dirty finger nails should have been a clue).

Fortunately we were in my car so I cleared off to the Victoria in Robin Hoods Bay for the night. It was a very nice place to stay and after a pleasant walk to Boggle Hole I set off back for Derbyshire.

He's probably still there.

Wouldn't surprise me if it got a more than unhealthy mention on Crimewatch too, if Mel's accounts of the place are accurate. (I quite like the place to be honest) :)

lol, well in my day there was a fair bit of rumpus tbh it could've got on crimewatch quite easily, with drugs and manslaughter, armed robbery etc lol

oh and taxman visiting ;)

lol, well in my day there was a fair bit of rumpus tbh it could've got on crimewatch quite easily, with drugs and manslaughter, armed robbery etc lol

oh and taxman visiting ;)

You wouldn't believe it would you? ... taxman comes across as a nice bloke on here. Mind you, I've been told I do too ... :suspect:

Archived