Tweeking my handling

Would doing just the anti roll bars be enough to improve the handling?

Possibly, but I know nothing about your car and have never been in or driven it so I only offer advice.

However another thing to look at is your tyre choice, while this won't help the 'boaty' feel you get having decent performance tyres on instead of run of the mill or budget stuff gives a massive improvement.

It's worth having a poke around the owners club for your car, certain cars respond amazingly to certain tyres - you might find everyone raves about a certain tyre with that car - that's a good tyre option to keep in mind.

Yes uprated shocks and springs will help. You could even go for coilovers if you can afford it.

I went for Koni top adjustable (you can choose how firm or soft they are while still on the car) gas shocks and Eibach sport progressive springs.

They're excellent, and with a slight drop too. You don't want to go stupidly low but a little lower is ok.

Whatever you change, always get your alignment re-done afterwards by someone who know what they're doing. So, not kwik fit!

Personally shocks and springs would be the first thing I'd do before anything else, other than that just get the condition of the arb bushes etc etc checked (you don't say how old your car is or if this wallowing is age related or it's just a naturally boat-like car!).

Possibly, but I know nothing about your car and have never been in or driven it so I only offer advice.

I can remedy that. Let me know when you have a spare half hour. Ill come to you at your convenience and as long as you have insurance you can take it for a spin. Let me know what you think i may need.

Would that be something youd be prepared to do?

---------- Post added 18-07-2013 at 10:26 ----------

Yes uprated shocks and springs will help. You could even go for coilovers if you can afford it.

I went for Koni top adjustable (you can choose how firm or soft they are while still on the car) gas shocks and Eibach sport progressive springs.

They're excellent, and with a slight drop too. You don't want to go stupidly low but a little lower is ok.

Whatever you change, always get your alignment re-done afterwards by someone who know what they're doing. So, not kwik fit!

Personally shocks and springs would be the first thing I'd do before anything else, other than that just get the condition of the arb bushes etc etc checked (you don't say how old your car is or if this wallowing is age related or it's just a naturally boat-like car!).

The cars 11 years old now but in really good nik.

Having said that, shes a big Saab, about the size of a BMW 5 series so i would definitely say its a boaty handling car.

Archived