Grayson Perry attention seeker or genius?

is this guy for real? what sort of role model does he represent to his daughter? his artwork is best described as bordering on juvenile but still he is hailed as some sort of genius, which does he crave attention for most? the cross dressing or the "art" work?:huh::confused:

is this guy for real? what sort of role model does he represent to his daughter? his artwork is best described as bordering on juvenile but still he is hailed as some sort of genius, which does he crave attention for most? the cross dressing or the "art" work?:huh::confused:

I was wondering if he was real, as I've never heard of him till you posted.

Is this the best you can do? ... I only mentioned Grayson Perry yesterday (with a link) ... you seem to have picked up on this. Had you heard of him before I mentioned him ... I doubt it.

What kind of artistic knowledge do you have to back up your claim that 'his artwork is best described as bordering on juvenile' ... are are you basing this ill-conceived statement on something else you've read?

Do you have any idea on why he paints/draws what he does?

Are you just a troll? :loopy:

Is this the best you can do? ... I only mentioned Grayson Perry yesterday (with a link) ... you seem to have picked up on this. Had you heard of him before I mentioned him ... I doubt it.

What kind of artistic knowledge do you have to back up your claim that 'his artwork is best described as bordering on juvenile' ... are are you basing this ill-conceived statement on something else you've read?

Do you have any idea on why he paints/draws what he does?

Are you just a troll? :loopy:

i thought it was quite succinct! i mentioned it as the other thread seems to have gone the way of many others when unmentionables are mentioned.

yes have seen him many times and cannot fathom him out as i say either a genius or attention seeker! ahhh the artistic knowledge slant eh?:suspect: art very subjective? even perceptive like tracy emin?? at least she doesnt pretend she knows hes a fruit loop!

yes he paints and creates his tapestries for a reaction...bravo he got one:roll:

troll ?????:hihi:

---------- Post added 16-07-2013 at 21:08 ----------

I've often thought that about you.

and of you my stalkerish friend:roll:

I had to look him up, didn't recognise the name. When I saw the pink bike I remembered him. Not a fan of his art but each to their own eh?

I don't particularly see why he should be a bad role model to his daughter, as I assume you were suggesting.

How much of his art have you actually seen? How about his writing or screen writing? Ceramics? Stitchwork?

The last screen play of his that I saw was both touching and funny, and showed in a very caring way a whole load of life's taboos and how people deal with them.

The Grayson you see on TV is just a fraction of him. He's very talented, but doesn't work well on TV, making it look like he's dressing up for attention.

I thought he came across very well in the three-part series he did on class in the UK. Really interesting, non-judgemental perspective.

Archived