Vigilantism - Man Murdered

this is one of the reasons why im unsure with the reporting on the Saville case. We have gone from allegations to now calling those making the claims as his victims. The media now seem to assume his guilt which I dont doubt but its not for the media to make such a judgement.

Its not just saville though, do people remember the murder of Joanna Yeates. Her landlord was almost hung drawn and quartered by the press and he was innocent.

Thanks for posting this update. Until this, no one responded to the thread, which is a surprise.

I hope the family of this poor chap see that justice is done.

this is one of the reasons why im unsure with the reporting on the Saville case. We have gone from allegations to now calling those making the claims as his victims. The media now seem to assume his guilt which I dont doubt but its not for the media to make such a judgement.

Its not just saville though, do people remember the murder of Joanna Yeates. Her landlord was almost hung drawn and quartered by the press and he was innocent.

The press on that occasion displayed some of the very worst aspects of human nature and i agree, to a point with what you say about the Savile case. The word victim is thrown around so freely when very few of them have been proven to be victims in a court of law. I was always under the impression that you were innocent until proven guilty however these days we are happy to sit by and watch a trial by media before cases even get as far as the court steps.

This is dangerous and it is wrong.

Thanks for a proper link, why was the sun one asking me to login? surly they don't charge for access to that?

On topic though, this is terrible. Really the paranoia is rife and can only get worse. Really is difficult being a man these days isn't it?

Archived