Vigilantism - Man Murdered

I blame the headline writers of the Daily Mail and their ilk

For Evil to prosper it only needs good people to do nothing

Who would stand up and be counted in a real and meaningful way?

I hope I would but I haven't been put to the test.

Internet warriors don't count.

I blame the headline writers of the Daily Mail and their ilk

For Evil to prosper it only needs good people to do nothing

Who would stand up and be counted in a real and meaningful way?

I hope I would but I haven't been put to the test.

Internet warriors don't count.

This has very little to do with the newspapers, these sorts of acts have been around since people could yell witch.

The guy was standing up, those who should have been standing alongside him ie the police, simply didn't do their jobs right. They took it upon themselves to choose to search his house and detain him, then release him into the area where his accusers were.

Such an awful thing to happen to this innocent man. His only crime, living on a council estate surrounded by muppets. Terrible story, it simply gave the dumb and stupid on this estate something to rally behind and occupy their tiny minds for a few hours. it's a class issue. Sadly, we allow idiots to have children. We have morons bringing up morons and until that stops, this kind of behaviour will continue.

Oh it gives me no pleasure but to say I agree with you.I was brought up on a council estate and we were surrounded by sheep.I must say not everybody but a large amount loved scandel.It would not take alot to start a witch hunt.If only they had the brains to think for them self and not get carried by the tide.

This has very little to do with the newspapers, these sorts of acts have been around since people could yell witch.

The guy was standing up, those who should have been standing alongside him ie the police, simply didn't do their jobs right. They took it upon themselves to choose to search his house and detain him, then release him into the area where his accusers were.

.....and their ilk.

Included in this are people and organisations that influence others or/and society. They bear a heavy responsibility to be restrained in both the content and effect of what they are saying. Your example is a good one - Organisations in the forefront in those days, and still today in vast areas of the globe, were quick to condemn and were responsible for many 1,000's of deaths.

Today, the same type of people use the massive range and all-pervading presence of mass media to get there message of hate across. Newspapers, imo, are the worst and must take their share of the blame for 10's of 1,000's of deaths.

BTW - Headline writers are my particular beef before the opinion writers, reporters or correspondents. Media of itself is not the problem.

I don't. The thread was started long before the subscription was introduced.

Well if I had a subscription to The Sun I would deny it too ;)

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 15:51 ----------

If he hadn't died, I expect the usual suspects on here would be posting the usual "no smoke without fire, just sayin" type posts.

Personally I suspect at least 90% of the allegations are true, but I believe in Habeas corpus, not trial by media.

Archived